"You have a good point, but of course we still have the Truth"

by BonaFide 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

That is the bottom line for a Witness. I have tried so many times to reason with Witnesses, and they react the same as I did almost all my life. The only success I am having is hopefully planting some seeds, because that worked with me, over a period of time.

Many threads on here describe reasonings and great points designed to "wake up" Witnesses. It seems to me that is a slow process, because even if you are right about a certain point, here's the Witness standard answers:

"Well, that may be true, perhaps, but anyway, its still the truth because

We don't go to war

We have worldwide unity

We have the Faithful Slave

We preach all over the world as Jesus taught

Plus, we need to wait on Jehovah

Where else would we go away to?

JW's are conditioned to answer this way, so it takes time to get through. I am trying my hardest to get some to reason, but its not easy at all.

I think little by little we can do it, and then the whole thing will crash.

My hope, anyway.

BF

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Good Luck!

• journey-on
    journey-on

I truly believe you have to have the right heart condition to get out of that organization. Most who think they are following scriptural teachings are really following a man-made religion. These people have not one iota of real heartfelt love for Truth. They are in it for reasons that they won't even face with honesty themselves. Truth should be searched for like hidden treasure. If a diamond were hidden in a mansion along with a bunch of worthless rhinestones and you were told by God to go find the diamond, would you look only in one room? Or, be content with the few rhinestones found? Or, allow yourself to be deceived in thinking a rinestone is THE diamond.

I still believe that many with the desire for truth are being guided out of the WTS now. There comes a time when one must ask themselves with open heart whether they are really serving men or God. It is up to them to do the thorough search.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

You know, there is probably a lot of room to bring up legit questions without appearing "apostate", esp if, as it seems, you know your way around the block.

Imo, the best approach is to simply appeal to the individual autonomy of the person. If we can somehow affirm to each JW we know that they are good enough without the borg, who knows what will happen?

The only reason more people do not leave is the fear indoctrinated into them that the big bad world will eat them alive. They also have lost a great deal of personal identity, and as a result, have become co-dependent on the borg.

That is why they defend so much. That is why they have these two conflicting thoughts at the same time that 1) We have "the truth". 2) "The truth" sometimes changes with the Governing Body 3) That doesn't matter, they still have "the truth." [and I am scared to leave]

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

A person has to be in a mental state to actually be questioning within themselves and receptive to information that contradicts what they have been told in the WT. They cannot be overcome otherwise. It is an invincible ignorance.

BTS

• boyzone
    boyzone

This is the way I would answer those questions bonafide but they might blow your cover a bit.

Q. We don't go to war

A. Yes but we reap the benefits of those who did. Also aren't we allowed to defend ourselves if attacked? Then where do we draw the line? If our neighbour is attacked, will we defend them? If our street is attacked, will we defend? Our town? Our Country? Surely our conscience should decide.

Q. We have worldwide unity

A. Do we? Or do we have worldwide uniformity? The bible doesn't say we have to believe all the same to be unified, it says LOVE is the perfect bond of union.

Q. We have the Faithful Slave

A. Yes we do, but who are they? The remnant or just the GB? If its the GB, why aren't they inspired? If its the remnant, how do they feed everyone else if they're not consulted?

Q. We preach all over the world as Jesus taught

A. That's true, but isn't it strange that we've only been successful in countries where Christendom have done the groundwork first?

Q. Plus, we need to wait on Jehovah

A. When I read the bible I see many examples of Jehovah dealing with individuals. Perhaps he still is. Maybe he's showing us individually what we need to do. I wouldn't want to ignore him, would you?

Q. Where else would we go away to?

A. Peter was asking a rhetorical question here. He answered speaking to Jesus, "YOU have the sayings of everlasting life". He was talking about going to Christ, not an organization.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

So take them away one by one...

We don't go to war

Neither do many religious groups, Quakers, Amish, etc. This is not a unique JW quality.

We have worldwide unity

There are religions that are far more worldwide than JWs are that have unity as well. So what?

We have the Faithful Slave

Every religion has a central group of people who control what they teach and believe, they're all called something different. What's so unique about that?

We preach all over the world as Jesus taught

As well as other religions, Mormons, Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, Evangelical Christians, Dawn Bible Students, Associated Bible Students, etc.

Where else would we go away to?

Why should I do the work for you, there are 33,380 separate denominations of just christianity. You're going to tell me there's nothing more perfect out there when I'm betting you can come up with at least five things off the top of your head that you think are wrong with what JWs believe saying that either "Wait on Jehovah to fix it" or "They're imperfect men". How do you know those things aren't already fixed in another organization? 33,380 different denominations, that's alot of other places to go to.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Little by little we can change things, I just don't think so Bonafide. It's kind of like those hard core Catholics that I have met at the door or studied with, you ain't gonna change 'em. Please get out and enjoy your life! Life will pass you by. From someone with many loved ones" in",(I feel your pain), you are banging your head against the wall.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

The comments regarding people being ready to accept the truth about "The Truth" are sooooo true. I remember the moment I gave myself the option to leave. That changed averything and allowed me to see things for what they really are. Before then, nothing would get through.

• StAnn
    StAnn

It's kind of like those hard core Catholics that I have met at the door or studied with, you ain't gonna change 'em.

We won't change because we know we're right. he he he The RCC is where I went away to!

It did make a difference for me when EVERYONE I worked with started telling me their problems with JW theology. It wasn't just one person; it was en masse. One person can be easily dismissed. A dozen, not so easily.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit