Christmas Greeting!

by RR 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

A few years ago I met a women, former JW from Queens, NY, she had left the Society for various reasons, one of course, was the 'lack of love' within the congregation.

She started her own greetings card company for xjws, called Great Crowd Greetings.

In going through my stuff, [the never ending, some day I'll get this basement cleaned up] I came across a card she sent me during Christmas 1996.

On the cover it reads:

"I Bring you glad tidings ..."

On the inside it reads:

"I've left the Jehovah's Witnesses,
    And with Joy My heart Now Sings,
    Because This Year,
    I Bring Christmas Cheer,
    Not Tracts and Magazines!

MERRY CHRISTMAS"

I always get a kick out of that!

Lord bless!

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• claudia
    claudia

Thats soooo cool. I wonder how something like that would do on the internet on an ecard site.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks RR - that will be perfect to put on some Christmas cards to my relatives this year !

• thinker
    thinker

Cool!
    This is my first year really celebrating Christmas. My husband suggested opening our gifts about a week ago. And he is the one who wasn't a witness. What a blast. Sent out my Christmas cards last Friday. Of course my family doesn't know I am doing all this. Wouldn't want to get the apostate label on top of everything else. Went to a Christmas party thrown by another disassociated friend last week. Life is just one big busy whirl.
    Merry Christmas
    Thinkers Wife

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

RR - Thanks for sharing this - made
    my day. Merry Christmas to all.
    (larc's wife)

• Angharad
    Angharad

This is our first real Christmas as well, I can't wait to give the kids all their presents,

Simon is worse than the kids - he's tearing the house apart looking for his presents

• RR
    RR

I dunno, I still can't get into Christmas, I mean, the wife and I share gifts most of the time, but I refused to put up a tree or decorate the house with lights. It just doesn't feel right.

This has nothing to do with my JW years, because even before I was a JW, I didn't celebrate the holidays, I just didn't care for them.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

Edited by - RR on 21 December 2000 17:48:23

• Angharad
    Angharad

I know what you mean about it feeling strange celebrating Chrsitmas.

I think that when you've got kids you have to really, - I found it hard when I was growing up but I understood that there was a reason that I didn't celebrate it. But now we are not raising our kids as witnesses so it would REALLY mean if they didn't get any presents because there is no reason.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Also this is really the first year that Liam (aged 3) has understood what is going on.

It is amazing how excited he has been coming home from school beacuse he's being given a card or he has made something - it really has made a difference to him in the last few weeks

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas too! and happy yule!

love harmony

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit