The hidden message in the June 15 2009 watchtower.

by Hobo Ken 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Btt

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Technical assistance at the proper time from Besty there Password. Some of us have computers that can actually work in the real word.

It's just the Basics.

Matt.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Good points, and I agree that they have been mentioning it (1914) less and less.

Actually, next week's study article in the March 15,2009 Watchtower "Be Vigilant" on pages 15 thru 17 makes significant reference to 1914.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I tend to believe we will see very little in the way of "changes" per se.

While eairler generations of JW believers were eager and excited to be given specific "new light" which put them at the center of Gods plan (even up through Franz's day), the current membership is a lot less demanding (starting from the 80's to the present). With the historical time table of the early 1900's set it all becomes part of a mythical past.

The details no longer are needed to created the desired result, i.e. the justification of Watchtower authority. Now they rest on a multitude of different arguments that comprise the "evidence" that they are Gods channel. This includes the idealistic picture of the "worldwide brotherhood", the "worldwide preaching work", the Watchtower predicted WWI (as Narkissos pointed out), as well as convincing the members to percieve nothing but "corruption" in the "worlds" institutions (religious, political, ect).

In other words, the Watchtower has an entire canon of arguments used to "prove" the WTS is Gods appointed channel, many of which do not rely on dubious chronology and long winded nonsense. It's much easier to emphasise these things than get into detailed debates on archeological dating and such. While the dates and prophecy fulfillment do have a place in support the slave doctrine, it no longer is front and center.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Technical assistance at the proper time from Besty there Password. Some of us have computers that can actually work in the real word.

It's just the Basics.

Matt.

That's true. Oh. How many times have you needed help getting your computer onto the 'net? Yeah, it's just the basics...

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I tend to believe we will see very little in the way of "changes" per se.

1. one Awake! per month instead of 2
    2. study edition of the Watchtower
    3. public edition of the Watchtower
    4. 30 minute public talks instead of 45 minutes
    5. no more meetings in private homes
    6. condensed 'Bible study'/Theocratic Ministry School/Service meeting
    7. Presiding Overseer rebranded as Congregation Co-ordinator
    8. anointed not sealed in 1935
    9. generation now the anointed as a group on earth at any one time, thus second change to the generation teaching in just over 10 years
    10. 10% increase in Memorial partakers worldwide
    11. selling of much Brooklyn property
    12. steady raising of profile of the Governing Body over the "faithful and discreet slave" class
  • iknowall558
  • Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

>pass

I reckon in the next 5years that list will double.

They will need to modernise this religion or it will not last long term. We live in a more enlightened age people still in will probably swallow anything but how many new members will want ot join this mob? The teachings need to be polished up and streamlined to appear more acceptable to Joe public.

Hobo

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hobo Ken: This study will set the tone for future-proofing the Watchtower Society Doctrine that their Governing Body is "the faithful slave" mentioned in parable by Jesus in Matthew24.

Bumping. Hobo Ken called it three years ago!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Very prescient of Hobo (is he still actively posting on here?), a bright young dude. He was a bit wrong though in suggesting they will diminish the importance of 1919 though, as the new light puts even more emphasis on it, but they are now using it to say that an appointment only as a group occurred in 1919 and that only as a group does the faithful and discreet slave 'class' exist. Prior to then, there were only individuals here and there. I think the deaths of Jack Barr and Theodore Jaracz may have opened the way for them taking that 2009 article a step further

I would also agree with Hobo's additional speculation that they will eventually just 'reclassify' 1914 as when Jesus just sort of 'turned his attention' to his spiritual temple and started a harvest work, and as when the 'last days' began. They will always stick with 1914 but will eventualy admit that it was not when Jesus became King nor when the Kingdom was established in heaven. I have made some recent posts you can search under my username fleshing this out a bit more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit