Fallen From Favor

by compound complex 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

The above title has nothing to do with personal relationships nor religion.

My life centers around the pursuit of the arts, which, obviously enough, involves much research. What I find striking is not so much that some creative souls live in relative obscurity [i.e., they never become discovered] but that some of the most famous and sought after artists through time - writers, actors, composers, etc. - have fallen from the public's favor and are often never heard from or about again. This isn't to say that an individual driven to create ceases creating: his or her work no longer interests the public. That these artists fell from grace is specifically mentioned in their biographies.

I don't know if there are any answers or comments to the above. It was the first thing on my mind when I awoke - coffee first, actually - and I wanted to set pen to paper.

Thanks for any comments you might want to make.

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

I haven't had my spot of tea yet, Coco, so this only comes to mind:

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Peace and love to you.

Sylvia

• Warlock
    Warlock

coco,

I think a lot of it has to do with luck.

Warlock

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

My father gave up a good life here in the US and when he turned 15 yrs old he moved to latin america to pursue his artistic dreams... obviously he had his ups and down. At one time he ran a successful vocal lessons by mail business and it seems that at some point he gave lessons to would be famous individuals (Juan Gabriel, etc).

A person with artistic creativy hardly ever ceases to do so; it's all just a flow of never ending ideas according to him. He ended bringing us back to the US when he was older and has done a few more things here, church mural paintings, politician portraits, UFO's exhibitions, etc. One of his hobbies is to collect newspapers articles where he has appeared...hmm he's never had low self esteem issues lol...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sic transit gloria mundi is a Latinphrase that means "Thus passes the glory of the world". It has been interpreted as "Worldly things are fleeting."

Doesn't the above reflect the life and sentiments of Jesus Christ? Thanks for the reminder, Sylvia Dear!

I agree, Warlock, regarding luck, being at the right place at the right time and staying there. Perhaps it involves the reinvention of oneself and one's "product."

Interesting life, tsar_robles. Regardless of reception - or lack thereof - the artist continues to receive a flow of ideas and molds them into his/her special brand of creative endeavor. Striking a balance between humility and modesty and sufficient self-esteem to "sell your product" is a delicate balance. Marketing one's work is something I continue to ponder. Pondering eventually has to become action ...

Nevertheless, however fleeting are the things of the world, the works of the masters - famous and not so famous - remain beloved to this day.

Thank you very much, Sylvia, Warlock and tsar, for responding!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

You are welcome.

And, you are right about Jesus of Nazareth.

I always tear up when I read His statement that He had nowhere to lay His Head.

Sylvia

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I find it interesting that so many artist are not appreciated until their death and die virtually penniless.

And that some artist that do not fall from grace IMHO should!!!

I have found that the lesser known, as I have gotten older, have more appeal to me.

Best Sellers does not mean they are the best.

Just because McDonalds sells the most hamburgers does not mean they are the best!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Purps:

You are so right. Your beautiful Sea of Lavender is my desktop and it deserves to become known!

The link below is regarding a Ukrainian composer about whom I knew nothing until I heard his beautiful piano concerto on NPR. His life was both tragic and fulfilling, having received a proper reception for his music at 75 years of age!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ingp0040/1932928.htm

Thanks for your input.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mykola Sukach works tirelessly to rekindle interest in the composer and seeks wherever possible to enthusiastically promote his music. It is Mykola Sukach life's work to make the music of Bortkiewicz famous in Ukraine and all over the world and dreams of recording this music with his own orchestra. His orchestra have worked very hard to learn and perform new works and bring back to the Ukrainian people a composer most had never heard of - but which many are now enjoying and appreciating his beautiful music. To the people of Ukraine, Bortkiewicz is as much part of their culture and history as composers like Liatioshinsky, Kosenko or Lysenko. As Mykola Sukach said: "Bortkevych has his roots in Ukraine, his music is permeated with Ukrainian themes, profound intellectuality, and culture. This music deserves it to become standard repertoire in our music programs."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I am a Martial Artist, I have been doing Ma for over 30 years.

I am my Art.

I have been asked so many times why I don't teach, why I am not commercial and while I have taught in the past and may do so in the future, it will never be about it being commercial but for the sheer love of sharing what I know.

I keep myself very private, though I do discuss MA on forums, its an healthy outlet, but what I know I know because of my love for my MA.

I don't look for the publicity nor do I want it, for me, my journey is a very private one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit