Star Trek

by StAnn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I really miss DS9

I feel the same way about Next Generation. I never really got into the old series, but I was way into TNG.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Now, with the release of the simply-titled Star Trek, a big-budget prequel featuring early incarnations of the original cast, TV superproducer J.J. Abrams, the brain behind mystery-box serials Lost and Alias, has given the aging franchise a major overhaul. This is more than a fresh coat of paint. It's a wholesale reinvention: new actors, new creative team, new scale, new sensibility, even a whole new timeline. There are similarities to the original—all the major characters are still around, personalities mostly intact, and the mid-century modern design ethos still reigns. But under Abrams's control, Star Trek has reversed course on all of its previous failings: the effects are as slick as the best summer blockbusters, the story moves at maximum warp, the humor is broad and rapid-fire, the action set pieces are often breathtaking, and the actors are young and attractive. Abrams has rebuilt the Enterprise and its crew from the ground up, this time as an energetic pop collage."

http://www.reason.com/news/show/133384.html

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Star Trek was a great movie and I think true to the old ethos it had all that star trek cheesiness in it!!

brilliant film and evereyone should go and see it!!!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Tonight's the night for me. I can't wait. I also was a big DS9 fan, the episode where Klingons invaded the station was probably the best Trek episode I've ever seen.

I don't know if I'll be able to hear the dialogue over how awesome Captain Kirk is.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Yes, it has an alternate timeline or alternate reality, whatever you want to call it, so there is lots of room for growth and development. It was just a lot of fun. I look forward to many more.

Beks, you really should make yourself suffer through looking at Hugh Jackman. It's a sacrifice, I know, but well worth it!

St. Ann

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Awesome friggin movie!!!

I thought I would have to suspend belief on everything I knew about ST, but I was wrong. They did a hell-uv-a job resetting the series.

Character developement was superb and they really Pumped up the testosterone levels (must be the same stuff manny using.)

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Hugh Jackman...slurp!!! AND the man can sing and DANCE??? GEEEEZ He was AMAZA-ZING on the Academy awards!

Sorry Im going on there...I AM going to see STAR TREK. Yep...Im old enough to have enjoyed the very camp original series BEFORE Captain Kirk had to start wearing a girdle to get into his suit LOL!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I hate star trek and star wars

*Ok, I'm leaving before I get kicked out*

nj

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I always preferred Babylon 5 to Star Trek or Star Wars.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit