Star Trek

by StAnn 36 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

Okay, I have to confess, I like Star Trek. I like Voyager best, of the TV series.

Anyway, tonight they had a sneak peek of the new Star Trek movie and we went. It was really good!

Last weekend, we went to see Wolverine. It was really good, too!

I started out going to these kinds of movies just to please my husband and now I'm actually enjoying them. Is turning me into a total nerd grounds for divorce?

St. Ann

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nerds have more fun. Or something like that.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Beks, have you seen Wolverine yet? Hugh Jackman was AMAZING to look at. Now I can see why People named him the sexiest man alive.

Now I really am going to bed.

Night, Beksy.

St. Ann

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

StAnn

You’re a nerd LOL! I’m going to see Star Trek tomorrow.

I didn’t have a TV for several years, and missed a few movies also. But I just watched all 10 seasons of Stargate SG1 on DVD. So I guess I’m a nerd also .

• beksbks
    beksbks

I couldn't possibly look at Hugh Jackmans sexy, sinewy, muscular body. I don't even know who Hugh Jackman is.

Ohhhh it's all adamantium anyway.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I really only liked the Original series until the second season of Next generation. The other series to me are nonesense. The first two searies had a ship on missions where each week you went to a new place and met new monsters or obstacles to overcome. Deep space nine was like a soap opera in space and voyager just never grabbed me even though it had good action. Enterprise was ok, but I never got to see more than an episode every month or so.

As far as the movies go, I only liked the movies with the original series cast. The next generation movies blew chunks in my opinion. I have high hopes that this new movie will R O C K

• Spectre
    Spectre

I just saw it. Except for a few little plot holes I thought it was great.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hardcore Trek fan. Been since I was 4.

I liked DS9 the best, especially the recent book series that picks up after the show went off the air.

I really miss DS9

Yiz

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am looking forward to JJ Abrams' interpretation of Star Trek. This series was in dire need of a serious re-boot as Star Trek has really become an example of life imitating art (William Shatner's SNL sketch, anyone?).

As the trailer says..."This is not your father's Star Trek".

As an aside, I was able to see a sneak preview of Wolverine, and thought it should have been a straight to DVD release.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Going tomorrow. And to answer your question, yes I am a geek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit