New member introduction

by deemoo 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

@ ninja .......hahahahahahahahahahahhah brilliant!

• deemoo
    deemoo

@ninja: I plan to become an old "moo" when I'm mother-in-law aged :D I have it all mapped out... hehehe...

@wobble: The guy I'm studying with readily accepts the mistakes made by the organisation - like the whole "this generation will see the end" thing. He believes the organisation is spirit directed, but since it is run by imperfect humans, errors will be made.

But why don't they take care of orphans and widows? I haven't heard about this before... please tell me more.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Deemoo,

The claim that the Org. is "spirit directed" and yet makes mistakes in doctrine,prophecy and policy etc, etc. is NONSENSE.

The Holy Spirit CANNOT LIE !!!!!! So the error is down to imperfect men? How do we tell which bits came from the "Spirit" and which from men?

And remember we are talking life and death stuff here,you cannot " wait on Jehovah" to sort out a dodgy doctrine if you are bleeding to death.

How does this "Spirit" direct? talking to spirits is condemned many times in the Bible i.e Leviticus 20 v27 so it can only be by the GB studying the Bible, so we should be able to plainly see in the Bible the stuff they come up with,can we? 1919 appointment of them? etc.etc.

As to the looking after "Widows and Orphans" as James tells us to in his letter,they do nothing of note for non-Witnesses, and prescious little for their own,look at the threads on how Bethel workers are treated.

How will your Tutor answer items 4 to 10 on my list?

Love

Wobble

• deemoo
    deemoo

Hey Wobble,

Hmm... I never thought about how the people figure out what is spirit directed and what is not - especially as talking to spirits is discouraged. I'll definitely ask about that next time. I remember the study-guy talking about how these people are annointed and can feel the spirit within them, so whatever they do is considered to be with the approval of God.

No. 4 - I don't care very much about, sorry - I'm not from a Christian background.

5-6 I will find out more about before I bring it up in study.

7 - only came to my notice after I joined this forum.
    I've been wondering how to bring it up. Some time ago, the people I'm studying with brought up the Catholic church abuses, tut-tutted and saw it as proof of other strains of Christianity being corrupt and from the Devil. It will be interesting to see their reaction to this.
    I'm not going to the study to be confrontational. I started studying with some genuine interest in religion & in the bible (which I know are two separate things )

I've been following the "A look inside Bethel life" thread - it sounds a lot like a corporation making cost-cutting measures via layoffs. Very sad for those going through it :(

Well, there's my update!

Love,

Deemoo

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Welcome to the forum. This "love" that JW's suppose they have is WITH CONDITIONS. If you become a JW and after few years you decide to leave them, then ALL of your JW's friends will leave you at ONCE. They will see you walking at the street and pretend that they don't know you, even if you say hi to them.

Many of us(like my self)who was at that cult for 33 years know how EVIL is. We have lost our families, friends, relatives. Ouf family is broken due to WT policy of shunning and seeing as "evil"anyone who do not wish to follow their "religion".Their smile faces and "happiness"is a trap.

My humble advice:

Stop the Bible Study and go on with your life. Life is short. Don't fall into the trap of the WT cult. Because many like you started a Bible Study for a joke at the end of the day they ended up JW's.

Ask those who left that evil Organization what we are facing...If you like PM me and we will talk about more. Remember Jesus is freedom...

JustHuman14 formely known justhuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit