We Set Up The Tree

by LB 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

First Christmas for us here also!

ISP

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

My first Christmas out was when I was 20. I lived with two roommates, Tonya and Daniel, who were married to each other. They truly were my guardian angels when I left the borg. They became my family I didn't have. But that year we bought THREE trees! One for the front room - all pretty with white lights and bows. The second for the game room we always hung out in - decorated with popcorn strings and macaroni ornaments they made when they were kids. The third for my bedroom - a small, spindly, pathetic Charlie Brown tree I felt sorry for at the grocery store. He looked so alone and I thought he'd share his first Christmas with another lonely soul. But that year, Christmas was spectacular. Tonya and Daniel knew it was my first and let me spend Christmas day with them at their families...they also probably spent a good $300 just on me. I had a blast!

Andi

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It's my first Christmas since 1968, and also my first Christmas with my new wife, whom I married on Oct. 7th. We set up the tree on Sunday, but haven't decorated it yet; really looking forward to that. Gonna be a Christmas to remember.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• LB
    LB

Thanks for all your replies. I'm glad others are sharing in the joy I'm feeling right now. My witness son is having a cow. But we hung 4 ornaments on the tree that he made for us while in grammer school. Right out in front at eye level. A memory of happier times for him.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit