Those who don't hear "truth" free ticket into Paradise...yet babies will be killed??

by Witness 007 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Sorry Perry, I didn't mean to ignore your question.

You asked - if there is a creator should he or ought he judge?

My answer - I am not 100% sure.

But I can tell you this. I do feel strongly that if there is a creator I don't think he would definitely have to judge to the point of killing people.

Of course it's all hypothetical, but if there was a creator who made people from scratch - you would think he would take some responsibility for what he made - especially if what he made had the capability of hurting or causing pain to other sentient beings.

I guess, the best way to answer your question is this way. A creator needs to take responsibility for what he creates....let the reader use discernment.

The Oracle

• Perry
    Perry

I am not 100% sure.

That seems a rather odd answer. My 3 and 4 yr. old come to me many times each day to judge some conflict they are having. It just seems natural. They trust that my judgment will be correct. As a society we even hire other men (who are flawed I might add) to judge over us.

So, if judgement is natural, necessary and common; by what possible logic could you be unsure as to the oughtness of God's judgment?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

People seem to be using the word "judge" variously here. Judging can mean anything from imposing a sentence or punishment to assessing a situation.

Personally, as I understand God, I fear his judgment far less than that of humans. I find him far more benevolent. *G*

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Perry said he often judges his three and four year olds regarding some conflict....when was the last time he killed one of his "guilty" children as punishment...thats what Jehovah would do.....no slap on the bottom here!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

"Perry said he often judges his three and four year olds regarding some conflict....when was the last time he killed one of his "guilty" children as punishment...thats what Jehovah would do.....no slap on the bottom here!"

Very good point Witness 007

• parakeet
    parakeet

Way to kidnap the thread, Perry. Instead of discussing dub doctrine (note thread title), you've managed to make it all about you. Again.

• Perry
    Perry

Hi Parakeet.... thought policing?

The WT teaches death as a way of avoiding judgment. The bible teaches that death is the beginning of judgment. It's not about me at all.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

• Perry
    Perry
    "Perry said he often judges his three and four year olds regarding some conflict....when was the last time he killed one of his "guilty" children as punishment...thats what Jehovah would do.....no slap on the bottom here!"

False premise. Death is caused (inherited) by Adam, not God. All die in case you haven't noticed. The nature of the "natural" universe is decay. Suspending this decay requires "supernatural" intervention. Since we are children of Adam and not children of God, we are cut off from the Source of life, and hence decay. Conversely, the power of LIFE from God was dramatically demonstrated by the amazing resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The reality of man's condition is far worse than most people allow themself to imagine. Man inherits sin from Adam, and so death (separation of body from soul) is guaranteed. Since man is also a moral creature and judges others, God is required by anyone's measure (save an anarchist) to judge him.

Inherent in God's position as the ultimate "the buck stops here" he would be derelict if he did not judge and that dereliction would in fact make him the enabler of evil. Pretty nasty situation we all landed into when we entered this planet.

• parakeet
    parakeet
    Hi Parakeet.... thought policing?

Simon's rules, not mine, Perry.

Is God going to judge your African Grey parrot, too? What did he do to merit death? Nip off your earlobe?

BTW, what's his name?

• Perry
    Perry

Which rule is that Parakeet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit