Clarifying the Trinity Doctrine

by UnDisfellowshipped 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• middleman
    middleman

besty wrote "this topic is a waste of resources

why not discuss somethign relevant?"

Funny how this topic is "a waste" to you but ya still had to post on it didn't ya? hahaa.

Have to pick on ya a lil bro. Take care...

• besty
    besty

Sorry Nark - you write beautifully but your subject matter, in this case, is anachronistic.

middleman - my original point stands - but now you made me post again - this could take some time to resolve :-)

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a 2000 yr long controversy. I doubt that it is settled or will be settled any time soon.

S

• possible-san
    possible-san

Probably, when explaining the Trinity, I think that it is better to say, "Jesus is LORD" (or "Jesus is God"), IMHO.

Then, I think that Trinitarians should just explain that "LORD" is "Kyrios" in Greek and it is "Jehovah" in the Old Testament (LXX).
    That is because he is "I AM" in essence.

In fact, since Jesus is not the Father, the definition "Jesus is Jehovah" is impossible.

Of course, I think that you have the freedom of believing it if you want to believe "Jesus is Jehovah",
    but, IMHO, it is not the exact Trinity, and Jehovah's Witnesses will refuse it.

And the Governing Body of JW never teaches followers the correct Trinity doctrine "Jesus is NOT Jehovah."

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.blog86.fc2.com/

• androb31
    androb31

I usually just stay in the background and read but I would like to point something out to possible-san and see if I can get an explanation.

If the Father and the Son do not interchangeably use the name Jehovah (the name which is applied to God in totality, not to one individual within the Godhead) how do you explain the following?

Zecheriah 2:10-12

“Cry out loudly and rejoice, O daughter of Zion; for here I am coming, and I will reside in the midst of you,” is the utterance of Jehovah. “And many nations will certainly become joined to Jehovah in that day, and they will actually become my people; and I will reside in the midst of you.” And you will have to know that Jehovah of armies himself has sent me to you.

So did Jehovah here refer to Himself in the first and 3rd person?

Or did Jehovah (the Father) send Jehovah (the Son)?

Wasn't it the Son who would be coming to reside with the daughter of Zion?

Also please consider the following...

Zechariah 11: 12,13

Then I said to them: “If it is good in YOUR eyes, give [me] my wages; but if not, refrain.” And they proceeded to pay my wages, thirty pieces of silver. At that, Jehovah said to me: “Throw it to the treasury—the majestic value with whichI have been valued from their standpoint.” Accordingly I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of Jehovah.

Matthew 26: 14,15

Then one of the twelve, the one called Judas Is·car´i·ot, went to the chief priests 15 and said: “What will YOU give me to betray him to YOU ?” They stipulated to him thirty silver pieces.

Who was valued at 30 peices of silver?

• androb31
    androb31

Was it Jehovah?

Or Was it Jesus?

Or is it possible that Jesus is Jehovah (the Son)?

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Well I'm glad you clarified that. Did you?

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, androb31.

Nice to meet you.

Since I do not speak English at all, it is very difficult for me to explain the Trinity to you in detail.

Furthermore, I am not a Trinitarian.
    And I do not believe the Trinity.
    (This shows that I do not believe that "the literal human being Jesus" (historical Jesus) is God.)

And naturally, I have explained repeatedly that I interpret the Bible entirely symbolically and figuratively.
    If it says from that viewpoint of mine, that "I will reside in the midst of you" is natural.
    It is because the address of my website and blog itself is "God presence within."

So, when you ask me about the Trinity, I have to quit from that "original my own view."

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.blog86.fc2.com/

P.S.
    I believe Dr. Joseph Murphy's theory now.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Murphy_(author)

It is known as "New Thought" in the United States.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

And naturally, I have explained repeatedly that I interpret the Bible entirely symbolically and figuratively.
    If it says from that viewpoint of mine, that "I will reside in the midst of you" is natural.
    It is because the address of my website and blog itself is "God presence within."

very interesting possible san. Personally I don't believe in the Trinty as a personal belief either but it is very interesting to me how beliefs evolve and how they draw attention to our desire to explore the limits of knowledge and understanding but also how we always seem to want to say this is far enough.

edit: the murphy link doesn't seem to say anything

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, quietlyleaving.

I am hard to have to edit this forum within 30 minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Murphy_(author)

http://josephmurphy.wwwhubs.com/

This thread is discussing the topic about the Trinity, and since this is not a place which states my belief, I do not explain it any more.
    But if someone asks me for the comment to the Scriptures, I surely have to describe my own belief.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit