I hope you don't mind Dave....

by Xena 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

But I felt your post was so clear and relevant to all the threads "wars" that I didn't want it to get lost....lol sorry to "cut and paste" you

After a three month hiatus I have returned to this board and started posting again. I have to admit, it was a big mistake. Some things never change. The little flame wars and cluster bomb fuck you's are just a little hard for me to deal with. All you who love to hand out a crying towel when some gave this same speech can start with those little remarks now. The indifference's toward another human being by those who say such things is the same indifference that stains the walls of this forum. Say you don't give a rats ass or couldn't care less and you will once again show how tough you have actually become. I say good for you, if feeling tough is your goal in life you have once again accomplished that and you should be proud of yourselves in that regard. This comment is only meant for those who have said such things not for the general populous here.

I have to say the back breaking straw was seeing Lilacs who doesn't have an angry bone in her body finally tell someone to fuck off. If the people on this board can push a woman like her to feel an emotion like that and say something I think is extremely out of character for her, than this place holds little benefit for a newly outed JW to find comfort and a tiny bit of hope. You may say that that is not this boards job and your right, but keeping some kind of overall thought in that direction would be nice.

I realize it is not the fault of the board but more the inability for people to have the common curtesy to just say something in a nice manner even if they are a little pissed off and do not completely agree with something that is said. Your use of total freedom in regard to freedom of speech has been misused and abused. The sadist thing "is" for those who are newly out of the JW religion finding this site and hoping it might ease their pain a little. After reading some of the abusive things said back and forth in the last two days I can see where someone might think the JW religion in a better light which they certainly do not deserve. Some negate the hard work that many have done to expose the religion and some who have done that work have wiped out it's positive effects by joining in and feeding the fire. If a few more can grasp the thought of it's not always "what you say" but "how you say it" that counts I think a lot of this bullshit would cease to exist.

I am not going to point any fingers because there are those few here do that so well. I refuse to be considered anything but what and who I am purely based on my caring and love for friends that I have come to know here. I refuse to choose sides and plant any kind of flag on any one side. That concept of choosing sides taught to us by our former religion seems to still be deeply ingrained in several on this board. I am not going to take the chance of upsetting friends that I have made to embrace potential friends that I have just met. That forced position is just a damn shame but I guess you can't have your cake and choke on it too. There is only one winner when days and threads like these happen and that is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. They read the comments made by us and they pat themselves on the back and say "we told you so." I want no part of making that religion have even the slightest feeling of victory or confidence in their warped perception of what life is all about.

I do not blame the board or Simon for these thoughts. I can't believe the man has been able to see so many of these things get to the point they have and still want to continue on. He is a saint in the true sense of the word. Like in any war the veterans tend not to try and get to know the new people because they fear they will be gone soon or they are just not worth the effort so why bother. That my friends is bullshit. Each and every new person who finds this board deserves a chance. Those who blatantly use this board to taunt and disrupt by knowingly making pro JW comments that only try to feed their frail egos and deep seated insecurities deserve their lonely places in life that they posses. I don't know why so many still respond to their obvious mental masturbation.

Looking at the big picture and seeing the many different posters from around the world that share a common bond is a wonderful concept to think about and experience. But, the miscommunication and inability to completely understand the various senses of humor and English language nuances has proven to be more of a detriment than a thing to marvel at. Misunderstandings become hurtful and rebuttals become ugly. This is not all the fault of the communication differences but more of the climate of pain that is shared but too rarely understood. Understanding is what, in theory brings us together here, but the refusal to take it to the next step and cut a few a little slack as they learn and grow is what is tearing it apart.

For the most part this board has the potential to do incredibly good things, but the infancy of this medium has not worked the kinks out and for now it tends to cause problems such as what we have recently seen. When it gets right down to it a little kindness can go a long way in speeding up the process. That concept seems to keep slipping between the cracks of some pretty high walls that have been constructed in other places and transplanted here. That is a shame, and it's stupid.

Here is one very simple thought to keep in mind. The old posters and researchers are not elitist assholes with delusions of being JW.com district overseers. Also, new posters are not boneheaded fluff mongers with noting more to contribute than a few stupid blond jokes. If you guys could try and say what you say and keep out the unnecessary cutting and reactive bullshit you might be surprised how well you would get along and how more effective your important comments would be accepted.

This, he started it, she started it, she said he said, cut and paste in quotations marks old bullshit statements crap is unbelievable. Some of you act like little kids. I can just see the watchtower drone who is assigned to read and report on this particular thread laughing his ass off as he cut's and pastes each and every cutting remark into his "ungodly exJW hate mongers" file. What really bugs the hell out of me is some of my closest friends and people I think very highly of are all right in the middle of it. If each and every one of you backed the hell up put aside your preconceived notions about each other you might be able to see each other as I do. I don't need big JC in my life for me to say I love all you guys for the good that I see in each of you. If you all want to concentrate on the bad you perceive in each other than knock yourselves out. I'm just getting real tired of this shit. But again, who am I to have an opinion about anything or think that my opinion matters? After all, I haven't chosen a side.

Take care,

Dave

I don't think anything needs to be added...
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Very touching comments, and I couldnt agree more with him.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Thanks for posting this Xena. You are right on in how it applies. This place is getting a bit much at times. Sad

Skipper

• bigboi
    bigboi
    This place is getting a bit much at times. Sad

You think this was something? HA! U ain't seen the half mi amigo!

LOL!!!!

ONE....

bigboi

"it's like the one thing we all have in common is that we
    got played by a cult and a bunch of old men and no matter what it will
    always be a part of us no matter how much we distance ourselves from it"
    ~ Ghostquote

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

ya that was a good post of Daves, his son must have got to the computer again

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Andee
    Andee

Oh my! I can't stand my pal Mindchild with a !

So, here ya go!

((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))

Andee

• teejay
    teejay

Xena,

Thanks for reposting Dave's comments as I didn't see them in their original thread. I'd like to add my comments.

People are free to visit here or not; read whatever threads they wish or not; post here or not. Sometimes comments are made concerning the "flame wars" that break out. Loud calls are then made for Simon's intervention. Personally, I think the practice of requesting Simon's lock and key is silly. Everyone has the option of NOT clicking on threads that aren't to their liking. If a thread lives, it's because SOMEONE has an interest in it. That is their right.

As to the matter of these kinds of threads (or the board generally) altering people's personality... I'm dubious. Mention was made of Lilac's making a comment that was "out of character." For one, unless that person has been known to us, how can we say whether their comment really is out of character or that they are merely showing a part of it that was unknown to us?

Even if we KNOW them personally and are still surprised by it, the answer could be simply that we have bad days and say things out of character sometimes. It happens. One comment does not a changed personality make. It's no big deal and no big deal should be made of it. It's when the behavior is part and parcel of one's online persona, a regular happening, or when a "slip of the lip" has been made and pointed out but amends are not attempted, that others have every reason to be concerned.

Much is made of making JW.com a "safe" place for every single person who has made a recent break from the WTS. There is no one place that could possibly satisfy the needs of every single such person, and to expect/demand that of JW.com is not only unfair but extremely unreasonable.

True, if people want a place where no "f" bombs are NEVER thrown, if everyone is nice-nice 24/7, they should not set foot in the door. But if they are in need of venting, of asking questions; if they simply need to see that there are others just like them with some of the exact same issues relative to their break from the organization, this place may fill the bill.

Could people show more courtesy and tolerance for differing views? Of course. Are profanities and name-calling necessary in any discussion? No. Reasonable people are more than able to disagree, even strongly, without resorting to such childish, playground tactics, and this basic idea has been a goal of several of us for quite some time. Dave's complaints about such are nothing new... not by a long shot.

The fact that we live in different places all over the world -- even taking various language nuances into consideration -- is not excuse enough to explain away the vulgarities and lack of compassion that sometimes exist here. What makes such occurrences even harder to explain is when the source is considered. Like Dave, I will not point fingers at any specific poster.

The answer to this problem is simple. It should have been learned long ago, and if not then, as a direct result of our mistreatment at the hands of the WTS. While we may not all agree, we can show common courtesy and respect for the opinions of others. That's advice that applies all over the world and will NEVER go out of style.

Later, y'all

• seven006
    seven006

Xean,

No, I do not mind. I'm just glad I didn't have to type the damn thing all over again. I hate typing.

TJ,
    I was not putting Lilacs down for saying the "f" word. I use it myself. I was just trying to comment on a climate that seemed to alter a very nice persons normal response nature, that's all. I hope I understood your comment right on that, if not, I apologize. Thanks for you thoughts, I appreciate them.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Hey Skipper (Bud), I didn't get a response from you on the alien landing thread. I was hoping to hear your thoughts on my comments.

Thanks pal

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Ven,
    Once again, bite me!
    Have you ever counted how many times I have told you to bite me?
    I need to find another phrase to use, that one is getting way too old.
    Until I find a new one I'll just say it again.

BITE ME!!!!!!!

Big hug little girl, and no, my son didn't white it, he thinks this board is full of a bunch of nuts. He just turned 19 Friday night and hasn't been to a meeting since he was 8. Lucky guy, no wonder he thinks were all nuts.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit