Theocratic Warfare: Thinking Out Loud About "Truth", "Lies" and "Characterization"

by gubberningbody 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silent3
    silent3

Hello gang. I was under the username silent years ago. Wow I can't believe this thread is 11 years old already!

Regarding a previous post I had made about FDS being "dumb" - after a lot of time and consideration, I don't think that way anymore.

Looking back, I had taken myself off of anti-depressants without doctors orders and did I ever go nuts! I look back with a complete change of heart on some of the things I had said. I've started reading the articles they publish again and they seem so much nicer and pleasant that I had remembered them. After researching other religions with an open mind, I've come to the conclusion that they are right and do a good job with disseminating Biblical truth.

Do I think they are perfect? No they can't be - impossible. However like the ancient Boreans, we can look things up and see if it is so - using our powers of reason. I'm not just towing the line here, I really feel this way. Thanks to my dear old Mom for explaining some things to me yesterday that I hadn't been able to comprehend nor feel for a long time.

We don't have to be push-over yes-men and just agree with everything thrown in front of us, but from what videos I've watched and articles I've read, they have really come a long ways from what I remembered them to be in the 80s and 90s. Also my comment about being devoted to them being dangerous - I don't think that way now because back when I posted that, the emotional turmoil I felt caused me lash out and blame everyone for everything. I totally recant that statement because I was not in the right frame of mind and didn't totally comprehend what was going on inside of me nor what I was saying.

Without anti-depressants in one's body and being able to feel love, it's really an amazing experience. So much damage is caused when we can't feel love.

Take care everyone.

silent

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In occultism there is the idea of a "group entity" made of the combined wills of the individual group members.

The idea is baseless baloney, but I'd thought I'd drop it on the floor to see who steps in it.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I've come to the conclusion that they are right and do a good job with disseminating Biblical truth.

So you claim the leaders of the WTS/JWorg are disseminating bible truths yet they are in fact scripturaly false prophet apostates or known as corrupt lying religious charlatans.

Sounds to me you like you really didn't look at other religions with an open mind at all.

You sound like one of these guys who criticize the elders for their activity involving you but hold up WTS's doctrines within yourself as in " I know its The Truth " .

Have you just recently followed back to the Kingdom Hall on a assumption that the end is near, perhaps this new virus pandemic has got you thinking hey they were right all along ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe silent 3 should have just remained silent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit