JW Parents Prosecuted for Oppression

by AWAKE&WATCHING 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Found a link to this on Facebook Thanks Kyria!

Free 14-day trial: MonitorPlus | Login / Register Prague Daily Monitor

</form>

Parents prosecuted for forcing girl to join religious group

CTK | 30 APRIL 2009

Zlin, South Moravia, April 29 (CTK) - A Czech couple is prosecuted for oppressing their 18-year-old daughter for her refusal to join the religious society of which they are members, the Zlin police told CTK Wednesday.

The parents reportedly urged the girl, a secondary school student, to join the Jehova's Witnesses grouping. After she refused to do so, they expelled her from home.

If found guilty they face up to six months in prison.

The parents left the girl without financial means. They told her she may return home only on condition she joins Jehova's Witnesses.

"The daughter has already come of age, but she does not yet work to earn her living, therefore the parents are still obliged to support her," police spokeswoman Jana Bartikova said.

She said the crime of oppression, when a perpetrator abuses the someone else's dependence or emergency situation to force him/her to do something, occurs only rarely in the Zlin region.

Jehova's Witnesses present themselves as genuine Christians.

The Christian churches generally consider Jehova's Witnesses a sect, oppose their interpretation of the Bible and criticise their totalitarian organisation and ways to spread their views.

rtj/dr/pv

Headline: CzechRep extends ways to punish unlawful steps by distrainers
    Date released: 29.4. 2009
    Time released: 10:37
    Key words: Czech; Chamber; law; distraint; PHOTO
    ID: T200904290245201
    Service: cce
    Priority: 3

• Spook
    Spook

Nice!

The U.S. has side stepped this through back-bends on their disfellowshipping principle. Thank goodness Czek law is different. Establishing legal precedents is the best long term way to shape this religion.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I like that!

• StAnn
    StAnn

So, if I hadn't gotten a job, my parents would have had to support me forever????

Hmmm.....

St. Ann

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There ought to be laws like that everywhere. It happens all the time and is a means of controlling people. I can't count the number of young people I knew who were thrown out by their parents without any notice, money, or place to go. It happened to me. At 17 I was kicked out in the middle of winter with nothing but the clothes on my back and without a dollar in my pocket. Even if I had been lucky enough to find a job the next day, I still would have had to work 2 weeks before getting a paycheque. To eat I had to resort to petty crime. Either that or beg, which I won't do. A few weeks later the police caught up with me, not for any crime, but because my parents reported me as a "missing person".

All for skipping school one day.

It doesn't seem right that a tenent has legal rights and must be given notice of eviction, but a family member has little recourse.

W

• loosie
    loosie

that is awesome

• sspo
    sspo

I hope it ends on the news in this country.....USA

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Good for the girl for taking charge of the situation.

A while back the society (or somewhere on this site) was saying that any child or person living with a parent that was guilty of a WTS sin...aka living together, had to be turfed.

If it were a case of being under the legal age in any State or Province, then I believe that a child here in the West would have just cause to take their parents to court as well. In addition, there are laws in many places that do not allow a person to discriminate against others and in the case of apartment rental, if a child was renting an apartment from a parent and the JW parent tried to kick them out because of their religion, but the child was paying rent (or possibly board, depending on the location), I believe that child or renter would also have some rights to take the parents to court.

Using the old theocratic warfare strategy sanctioned by the Society...the child wouldn't be doing it because they didn't love their parents..it's just the law.

sammieswife.

• silent
    silent

Your parents were wrong for kicking you out of the house. I see it more than ever when people devote themselves to a man-made organization instead of to Jehovah/God/diving being of choice. Forcing people against their will never works. Even if a family member doesn't want the truth, you still need to love them, appreciate them, and accept them just the same. To do otherwise, denies them their God-given free will. I wish so many more dubs understood this but alas, the blithering minion don't. :(

sign me silent

• besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit