PTSD ... The Rest of the Story

by The Berean 12 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Every morning I wake up angry that I am still alive. I have given up on life and feel as though death is the only thing that will remove the pain. My life is but an act and I have absolutely no self-esteem.

I've spent most of my life feeling that way.

When I left the winesses, I stopped being suicidal but I still had depression and a feeling of complete worthlessness.

I have been diagnosed with PTSD, mainly because the counseler needed a diagnosis so that my insurance would pay for her sessions. Though by looking at the info rebel8 posted I think that diagnosis is correct.

But I don;t think the diagnosis is as important as finding someone who understands the cult mindset. Here in the pacific NW I found many people with this experience. Please keep searching until you find someone. They are out there.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

andWhat I'm saying is.... you might have post traumatic stress disorder, because of an underlying condition that made living in a cult mindset, a breaking point. We are all unique. It's just adding insult to injury. The difficult part is to imagine, what you would have been like with the abscence of witness insanity. Some people are convinced totally it is religion, but there are plenty of people, who are born, that are loners and depending on the cards you get it can help you or hurt you. ( family included)

Making distinctions, Harsh conditions don't always produce sickness. Why does it make some stronger and it breaks others. " From the gutters have come saints and from the lofty preisthood, devils.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Every morning I wake up angry that I am still alive. I have given up on life and feel as though death is the only thing that will remove the pain. My life is but an act and I have absolutely no self-esteem. Since you are qualified, can you mention a few possible alternative disorders? Four different therapists have seen little "out of the ordinary."

Diagnosis is done in person by a licensed clinician. The diagnosis can help you understand your treatment options, but a label will not make your experiences and feelings any more valid or real than they already are.

I am wondering about your 'out of the ordinary' comment and why you mentioned it? Being depressed is very common among people who have had any number of life experiences. This is a good thing; it means there are lots of people who can relate to what you're going on.

Dealing with the causes of what brought you to this place will bring you part of the way on your road to recovery, but not all the way. You will still need to do the same things everyone else needs to do in order to heal--get treatment, follow through with treatment recommendations, change, put a plan in place to prevent relapse, etc.

Are these 4 therapists ones you've seen in short succession? And if so, why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit