Has the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" correctly foretold anything?

by donny 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

One of the issues that really helped me open my eyes to the fallacy of the claims of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" class is that they have not been right on anything they said would happen in the future. Every instance of "new light" is simply a hindsight adjustment and their attempt to allign the beliefs with what actually is happening or already occurred.

When you examine all of their dates, and what was supposed to happen on them, as well as the generation of 1914 and the date of the sealing of the annointed, etc, etc, can you think of anything the F&DS has accurately foretold by means of "Jehovahs" spirit.

Don

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can't think of one single prophesy that they got right, except by randomly guessing and then having something "sort of" fit in.

• still_in74
    still_in74

w552/15p.112par.2OnlyOneRightReligion

False prophets (WTS) dreamed up lies and told them in Jehovah’s name in an effort to discredit the truth, and these lying dreamers (Russel/Rutherford/Franz/etc.) were likened to straw that was separated from the wheat of truth and burned: "The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the straw to the wheat? saith Jehovah. Is not my word like fire? saith Jehovah." (Jer. 23:28, 29, AS) Today the religions of Christendom (Jehovahs Witnesses) mix into Jehovah’s Word the dreams of their false teachings, and the followers of and contributors to these religions (this cult) consume, as it were, straw instead of spiritual wheat. If we examine religious (WTS) teachings on a high plane of intelligence, above pride and prejudice and quarrelsomeness, the errors will be swept aside by Jehovah’s spirit and historical facts & reasonable intelligence. eliminated by his Word.—Acts 2:2-4

• Colton
    Colton

Nada. Ziltch. Zero.

They have always spoken presumptuously.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

What about "critical times hard to deal" with? which are obviously here.

-wars

-diseases

-earthquakes

-tornados

-etc,etc

GB

• The Berean
    The Berean

The Organization has used Matthew 24:45 as basis for identifying the "Faithful and Discreet slave." What seems to be overlooked is that the verse begins with: "Who really is ..." It is a QUESTION not a designation. It remains for each individual to determine the true identity!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    What about "critical times hard to deal" with? which are obviously here.
    -wars
    -diseases
    -earthquakes
    -tornados
    -etc,etc

Are you being funny?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They did a series of talks aimed at the jews one called "Comfort for the Jews" based mainly on Isaiah and Romans 11 said that the Jews would one day regain their land and become a political entity again.

It was this belief that the Levant was still a Holy Place that led to the League of nations being identified as the Disgusting thing in 1920 when it gave Britain a mandate to put a military force into Palestine.

Alas, they now deny what Paul is saying in Ro 11 about not rejecting the jews, and apply isaiah to themselves.

So yes it was a prediction that came true - but now they would say on a "false premise" - in the same way they now claim to have identified the Disgusting Thing because of an INCORRECT understanding of the scriptures concerned.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA they become more ridiculous by the minute.

HB

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Are you being funny?

everything about Dubs is funny...

GB

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They did foretell peace for after the Second World War and the return of the League of/United Nations in the talk Knorr delivered in 1942, "Peace Can it Last?" It was based on the scripture in Revelation about the scarlet-coloured wild beast, "that was, but is not, and is yet to ascend out of the abyss". Knorr declared the verse was talking about that particular moment in history when the beast 'was not' for a brief period.

I used to be impressed by that.

But when you think about it peace does tend to follow war. And an agency to try to ensure international order was going to be likely after such a conflict, especially in a world now armed with nuclear weapons. Plus Knorr himself wanted a period of peace after the war and before Armageddon came because he had big plans for the organisation - Gilead, Theocratic Ministry School, new Branches, larger printing facilities. The long postwar peacetime (that has lasted until now - how much longer?) afforded the organisation opportunity to fulfill Knorr's ambitions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit