If they can shun......so can I

by KAYTEE 19 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Let me first say that I believe in God, in Jesus and the Holy spirit

Therefore to hear the watchtower liken us who have been df, ( in our case asking questions about U.N. paedophiles 607 etc ) liken us to the first apostate the devil I find them judgmental in the extreme, not surprised but very offensive.

Thanks to "flipper" with his thread I have decided to ban my brother in law from coming to my home, this year he intends to come over from Spain where the need is great, …………the wine.and the beaches very nice too.

He is going to visit his mother who now because of dementia lives with us.

He will not be allowed on my premises at all, he will pick mum up at the front gate.

As a witness you must accept what the so called boffins tell you.

Therefore if he can align himself with thinking that way, of his sister and myself then he is NOT WELCOME.

I will only accept him in my home when he gets out of her (Babylon the great)

KT

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't understand.

Do you mean to say that he is not shunning you at the moment and wants to visit you, but you have decided to shun him until he stops being a Witness?

What about live and let live?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Seems highly hypocritical to me.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Kaytee, what if he arrives bearing gifts? Duty free wine? At least take the pressies first, or open the wine, get him relaxed after a few drinks and coerce him into signing a document renouncing his beliefs as a jw.......

Mattieu - where the rain in spain always lands on the apostates.....

• asilentone
    asilentone

I agree with slimboyfat, just live and let live.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Mattieu, I would not recommend it even though it is a good idea.

• AlexHall
    AlexHall

John 13: 34

I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU , that YOU also love one another.

35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

It´s easy to fight fire with fire, but the result will most probably not be what you want. We can´t force our family to belive what we have come to belive. They shunn us so that we shall repent and return to the org. If we start shunning them, we loose all our chanses to help them see that there is another side to the coin. My family belive that by shunning me, they are actually helping me see truth. But it´s also the easy way out. To stand firm, daring to speak to them, even when your hurting and still tell them that you love them even when they treat you like dust, thats fighting for your family.

I love my family, even when they drive me insane. Hopefully someday they will see that love is comittment, its not running away from it.

I hope it will all work out for you

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Asilentone, what the wine part or the coercing part? If its the wine part, would that be because Spanish wine taste blahhhh? If so, let me send over a dozen PREMIUM Australian wines...

If what was the bit about the coercion, can we still do the wine part?

Mattieu

• asilentone
    asilentone

the coercing part!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would not do that to my family, just live and let live!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit