June 15 Study WT - Faithful Steward and its GB

by bud2114 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• choosing life
    choosing life

I don't think Paul would agree that he had to be approved by the gb in Jerusalem. He seemed to have his own opinions and definately was chosen by Christ directly.

They twist the scriptures to come up with the most contorted concepts. They used to say there were 2 heavenly classes, one more faithful than the other. Maybe it's time to drag that nonsense out of the closet again.

I hope the partakers grow at such a fast rate the next few years so that they have to stand on their heads to think of the next explanation.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

It was about time...why it took them so many years to write this down what was already a dogma for all the JW's. I guess they feel that is about time to secure their possition due to the increasing number of the partakers...so all those years that they were saying that the FDS are anointed ones from all over the world(by the way is there any chance to have a woman FDS?)gone down the drain.

I just can't believe how do they twist the scriptures again and take what they like. How can they just ignore the facts that shows the opposite and JW's blindly accept it:

1.In Jerusalim there was no GB. In the text we read that the Apostoles and the Elders came to Jerusalim to discuss the matter. So it seems that they were much more that 15 members. It can easily seen by the Biblical account.

2.Paul was assigned by Jesus to preach and he didn't have any GB assignement.In fact he went preaching directly and after 14 years he went back to Jerusalim for the circumsition matter, since it was the Christian Jews that they create the issue.

3.If there was a GB(JW's kind off) in Jerusalim Paul what have been disfellowshiped for Apostasy since he proceed to circumsize Timothy. An action by Paul that was in direct contrast against their descision for the specific matter.

4.The name Christians came out from the Antioch Church and not from any GB 'based' in Jerusalim. It was adopted by the Christian Congregations in the Creco Roman Empire. So can any congregation of the WT have the right for this kind of descisions?

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "Interestingly, the WT writer(s) must think JW's wont verify anything and will go along with whatever is written no matter how asinine the statements are."

"I" think that . . . heck, I know that. One time I asked an elder if Jesus could be microphone boy at the meeting since he didn't were neck ties and he said no. Hahahaha!!! Jehovah's Witnesses I know are absolute idiots. They make Goober and Gomer look like rocket scientists by comparison.

I had one tell me that a ghost was watching me bake bread. I've seen Witnesses stand in line for an hour to buy a book that didn't have one thing in it that made sense then my dad shunned me because I believed he was going to die.

• bud2114
    bud2114

G-Bus, there are certainly alot of screwball JW's - I know I have met some of the strangest for sure. The entire org. is made up mainly of the most gullable types, many with serious social disorders who would have no friends or otherwise any aim in life if it were not for belonging to what they believe is the only "true" religion.

On the other hand, I know plenty of highly social and highly intelligent JW's that have just plain been duped by the skillfully crafted BS coming out of Brooklyn. Judging by the many insightful comments on this board from former or current JW's on the way out, I think this 2nd group is well represented here. Apparently something at sometime caused them to pause and say, "Can this be right?"

Hopefully, WT articles like this will cause others who are also paying attention, just a little, to do the same. Sure, certain JW's will never come around no matter how ridiculous the nonsense spewing forth from Brooklyn becomes, but if the org. loses it's best and brightest (which is happening enmasse), perhaps this will hasten the end of the whole thing and we can all get on with our lives.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Apparently, they missed the entire Chapter 1 of Galations.

The assertions are ludicrous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit