staying awake for over 24 hours...only once for me...you?

by oompa 28 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I tried to work the 12-hr shifts at a hospital for 3 days straight.

I quit when I hallucinated that Mexican dancers in sombreros were standing on my desk!

Sylvia

• viva
    viva

Stayed up more than 24 hours many times when I was in college, working full time, a ministerial servant, and working for the regional building committee.

The longest I have been awake is a little over 3 days, in a storm, on a mountain. We thought we would die if we went to sleep, so we kept each other awake.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, when I was working full-time and going to college part-time, I also fell asleep at the wheel.

I awakened when I came to my turn-off.

Sylvia

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Yes, I've worked midnight shift and stayed awake the following day on occasions. And then there was a road trip halfway across the country to Brownsville/Matamoros. That was interesting. Too often when I've been awake for that long, I have trouble getting to sleep. I consciously enter sleep paralysis and "hear" a loud oscillation in my head which brings me back awake. It can be quite unsettling.

Dave

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've done it many times in my early days. Not so much now.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

In my younger days, in the Navy, I would work all day and party all night - literally. I can't count the times that I was up 48 - 72 hours straight. Once, I was up for 100 hours. Later, as a truck driver, it was common for me to go 48 hours without sleep. I can't do that anymore.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've never about had a head on but I have seen double with one eye closed. LOL

• oompa
    oompa

Decender....just roflmao....i had to post before going any further.......what a story...esp the going out in service part!...lmao.......oompa

• oompa
    oompa

and BurnShips....omg...what a nightmare!.....gave me the creeps......noseeums are evil evil evil.......oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit