Did you get sick after you went to an assembly ?

by greenhornet 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I always did. It was like clock work a few days after. bang sore throat sometime fever ETC.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

GH, I did too. Then I stopped using the water fountain and wouldn't shake anyone's hands. That was tough. W.Once

• blondie
    blondie

I did sick thinking about going.

• out4good3
    out4good3

NOpe....but I've gotten plenty sick before...... 24 hours or mind numbing droning is not how i want to spend a three day weekend.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I remember the circuit ass. the stale air it smelt like a locker room. I always walked around the building with my daughter when she was little.

I remember writing a "secret note" and buried it by the trees and putting a wooden marker on top. My daughter always remembered wear it was. She is 29 years old now and I bet you she still knows were it is. Oh the old memories.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I agree with others, I got sick beforehand.........I am sure my body was telling me something!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Everyone would, always coughs and colds and migraines (from the stress of parking 60 miles away from the assembly location and lugging prams and bags through mud and rain... ahh, good times!) No seriously, they used to pick an arena with car parking under cover for "privileged brothers" and the rest of us would battle each other for muddy car parking spots...

Mattieu.

PS - WO, I stopped shaking hands too. And oh, open mouth kissing as well, but that wasn't from the germ factor, it was based on strong counsel from the elders!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I used to get sick going - I remember one time...(insert at band camp) We had to travel by bus to an assembly in Pietermaritzburg - but bus drive didn't do me any good and I got extremely ill - as i got off the bus I saw huge spots and started vomiting. The dear brothers and sisters I travelled with didn't really bother about me - one young brother came over and saw I was de-hydrated and carried me in arms to the sick bay - bless him - don't know his name or what happend to him.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Louebelle says:

bless him - don't know his name or what happend to him.

He is probably on this forum. Some time it can be a small world.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I don't remember getting sick after an assembly. But during the assembly, I almost died of boredom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit