Is it possible that the WT society will soon collapse like a house of cards?

by BonaFide 37 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

The recent Internet phenomenon seems to be that 1. Some news story breaks, and then 2. People start talking about it and Twittering and forwarding emails about it. And then it multiplies and multiplies until finally, 3. The whole world is talking about it

The same with the Madoff scheme. Once the ball got really going, and everyone started to talk, that was it, the snowball effect and Madoff was doomed. Same with the Catholic church and the Pedophile priests, once the story got legs, then it was all over the Internet, and the church had to do something, the pope got involved, front page of the newspaper every day, etc.

Even other news stories grow like that. In the past few days the Swine Flu stories are really starting to hit. The same with the Susan Boyle story, seems like some things now quickly become "Worldwide News."

So could it happen that the newbies on this forum start to multiply, and multiply, and multiply, and then within a few weeks ALL THE WITNESSES ARE TALKING ABOUT THE WT, and then the general public gets ahold of this much like Scientology and Tom Cruise a couple of years ago, and then the WT is forced to make statements about the Child Molestation Two Witnesses policy, or shunning, or blood fractions, and then because of the Internet, within a few days or weeks EVERYONE is talking about it, and the WT has to make statements, which are analyzed and found to be ridiculous and cult-like, and BAM, the whole WT comes CRASHING DOWN.

Possible? Probable? Or is a slow death more likely? Or no death at all?

What you say?

BF

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I would hope so. This apostate counterfeit needs to go.

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- I think that the WT society will gradually suffer a slow death. Emphasis on gradual and slow. Rank and file members are getting burned out and tired and frustrated at unfulfilled expectations. In developed countries, U.S., Europe, etc. already people are exiting out the back door due to child abuse scandals, extreme control measures by the society , changing views on a never ending generation , and the opening up of new anointed partaking where the number is now 10,000 worldwide. Can you imagine if it gradually hits 100,000 - then what would they claim ?

Bottom line is all mind control cults like the JW's always tighten the control when they see they are losing a good deal of members. Yes- true 200,000 to 300,000 are baptized each year , but just as many if not more are exiting out the back door as well. So the WT society has to keep changing their beliefs and bringing in alleged " new light " to sucker in new members each year. I just wisgh a HUGE scandal would rock them like did Jim Bakker in the 1980's where it's found they have been extorting money from thousands and committing fraud. Or a group of wealthy molestation victims who have the money to keep the WT attorneys in courts month after month and keep it in the media so as to get bad publicity constantly. Those are a couple of things that could expedite the speed of bringing down this awful mind control cult

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Is it possible that the WT society will soon collapse like a house of cards? No. There is a sucker born every minute, if not every second.

Religion is a business that capitalizes on and with the money and naivety of suckers.

• sir82
    sir82

People don't care much about an relatively obscure religious sect that doesn't much bother anybody else outside their membership.

I think people, in general, expect religions to be a little nutty to begin with - and there are much nuttier groups than the JWs out there.

People are interested in Scientology because it has a disproportionate number of celebrities in it, and it's really wacked-out weird.

I wouldn't hold my breath about any currently existing issue to "get legs" and bring down the WT house.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

When you put beliefs next to beliefs aren't mormons even a little weirder than JWs? And look at them 11,000,000 members I think.

Unless there is another Ray Franz incedent with the internet added in...I don't see anything big happening. Heck just 1.5 years ago I thought everything was hunky dory...I was a happy (if not lazy) MS that was convinced I had the true religion.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

The math, which we all know, is NOT 1 + 1 = 2. 2 + 1 = 3.

The math is 1 Witness comes on here. Assume he tells one person. Then another Witness. Then they tell someone, That's 4 Witnesses. Then those Witnesses tell someone. That's 8 Witnesses.

Anyway, to get to 500 million people is only 30 steps.

Wishful thinking?

BF

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think it will go down any faster/slower than any other religion.

I think a major part of the WT is very strong. It may not be a big organization but it has many loyal members.

They have been trained well, Alot of dominoes will have to tumble for the organization to tumble.

It's religion, alot of peoples religion, it's very hard to give up religion.

• StAnn
    StAnn

"The math is 1 Witness comes on here. Assume he tells one person. Then another Witness. Then they tell someone, That's 4 Witnesses. Then those Witnesses tell someone. That's 8 Witnesses."

There is the fly in the ointment.

1. People who come on here and find out will dismiss it because they've been conditioned not to believe the truth about "The Truth."

2. People who come on here and find out become very upset and fade w/o telling anyone because they don't want to be DF'd for apostasy.

3. People who come on here and find out go back and tell everyone they know and they are DF'd and no one will speak to them or listen to them again.

In the ex-JW world, 1+1=1.

St. Ann

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I can see what all of you are saying. There are always suckers. But don't you agree that to a large extent, more and more people are more CYNICAL recently? Everyone seems to be cynical about sports stars because of steroid use, government officials who are corrupt, money scams. Now add that to the fact that so many more people, EVEN IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS, are going on the Internet to check stuff out.

To me, it seems like something big is about to blow in the next few months.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit