RAY FRANZ TODAY

by Scott77 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

How interesting Ray and I have the same birthday :). I really enjoyed Crisis of Conscience though I read it after I had left. ISoCF was of less interest to me as I had already rejected Christianity as a religion but he is entitled to his beliefs as is everyone else. On the one hand I can understand the bitterness and anger of those deceived by this cult for many years, and who may have missed opportunities in life on top of believing a load of old rubbish. On the other hand, many of the major religious organisation have done far far worse in their history and today are regarded as respectable something I find most difficult to comprehend. Personally although I would by no means recommend WTS are a religion nor would I recommend any of the other flavours on offer.

• dinah
    dinah

Thanks for the update Mouthy. He is a beautiful human being. He and I emailed a few times about 5 years ago when I woke up from the borg. His words were very comforting to a woman who was seriously losing her mind over that stuff. He gave me some great advice.

• steve2
    steve2

Until I read Crisis of Conscience in late 1983, I had never seriously considered that my questions about the Watchtower Society had any validity. The local brothers blind-sided me by virtually ignoring my sincere questions and telling me my motives were what I should question, not "the Truth". They almost had me convinced that my doubts about the Watchtower's claims were purely due to a supposedly "bad heart".

When I began to see that even witnesses in good-standing and in responsible positions held the same sorts of doubts, I was shocked. It was the loving, reasonable tone of Crisis of Conscience that stood out for me: It was not bitter or rampant in making its point - unlike a lot of anti-JW literature. It was infused with humility and a hope that the organization would acknowledge its own culpability. Thank you, Ray.

• cattails
    cattails

Can I read some of these books online?

K8)

• tenyearsafter
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    He truly is the most humble man I ever met

I concur. Having spent three days in his and Cynthia's company at Peter Gregersons's cabin in the early 80's, I can honestly say that Ray Franz is a genuinely humble, serious and kind man. It is so ironic that the WTS would try to portray him otherwise.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Yes Ray is truly a man of God. If you watch any of the interviews with him you will see he is full of love and notice a distinct lack of malice and bitterness.

I checked his site and there are some excellent papers that are likely well worth reading

Essays and Commentary in English

Go to archive

All the best,

Stephen

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Is Ray Franz's email the one on the home page of that site?

Paul

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks 4 the Ray update. He is a WONDERFUL man!

A few years ago, on JWD, there were a few who regularly, maliciously badmouthed Ray Franz. Simon put a stop to it. I was amazed by the nastiness of some who treated Franz with ridicule and almost hatred.

I hope Ray Franz will realize that sooooooooooo many of us APPRECIATE him!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Is Ray Franz's email the one on the home page of that site?
    Paul

Yes. I used that one and he responded to me. (It may take a while for him to respond, understandably.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit