Flashes of SH**TE !

by iknowall558 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

W T B & T S .

In my opinion this stands for WE TEACH BULL & TALK SHIT.

Anyone have any "favourites" from amongst the many flashes of light from the org.?

I've chosen this one........Rev 14 : 20 This apparently referred to the publishing of the Finished Mystery Book and foretold that the 1600 furlongs represented the distance from where it was written (Scranton, Pennsylvania), to where it was published (WT Headquarters in Brooklyn, NY)... provided you travelled by way of the Lackawana railroad and Hobo Ken's Ferry.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

They might have got something right here if a certain pop star currently making a comeback is anything to go by.

Zions WT 7. 15. 1902 pg 215, 216 / Zions WT 2. 15. 1904, pg 52, 53

Taught that ' Blacks' were inferior to Whites, and that they would one day be White !

• dinah
    dinah

WE TEACH BULL & TALK SHIT.

Love it!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Iknowall588, lol, did you make the rev 14:20 application up yourself? If that is true that they at one time taught that, could you please please provide me with the ref details? I would delight to show wifey that one....

As for other flashes of light, I am still getting over the 1914 generation flip flops and 1935 sealing change of mind........

Mattieu.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Mattieu, Ray Franz refers to the 1600 furlongs in ISOCF by a direct photocopy of the book. I have a copy of the Finished Mystery and checked it for myself. That's what they said allright. It's hilarious because they go right down to the number of feet from the subway station to 117 Adams St front entrance. You would think that someone would have realized they were morons just for coming up with such BS.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Truthsetsonefree, seriously, I am laughing so much at the moment really! I havent laughed that much since I watched Monty Python or Benny Hill!!!!

C'mon, "are you jerking my chain" (Jim carey - Cable Guy). OK, still laughing, deep breath as I want to get serious, no, still laughing, hang on, side pains, oh man.... can't type...

Riiiiiight, ok, no ok. Truthsetsonefree, dont take it personal that I am still laughing, oh god, oops, blasphemy. ok, just because i'm Australian doesn't mean I'm guliible!! Ok, juts re-read your post and started laughing again! Oh, I though I had heard it all.

Right TSOF - It's 12:16pm on a sunny/cloudy Saturday afternoon in Melbourne.I am heading home from work in about an hour and will check for myself once I dig out the book in the garage, it could be a little dusty. I probably can not log in at home (wifey does not know I look at this site let alone am a registered user now!)

But when I find it, I am sure you will hear me laughing all te way to NY.

Right, still big breaths, thanks so much for the laugh, just what I needed.

mattieu! (still smiling)

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

@ Mattieu Glad I amused you, but full credit goes to WTBTS. lol

@ truthsetonefree Thanks for reference. I've got a notebook full of quotes and references , but can't for the life of me find it.

• ziddina
    ziddina

LOLOL! Love the acronym!!! I just took my copy of "Divine Plan of the Ages" 1908 printing, down and flipped it open arbitrarily to any page - page 215, in this case, and came up with some special bullshyte from that era: "The way back to actual human perfection is to be made very plain and easy... Instead of being a narrow road that few can find, it is termed 'a highway'...not a narrow, steep, rugged, difficult, hedged by-way, but a way specially prepared for easy travel - specially arranged for the convenience and comfort of the travelers."

Seems they've forgotten the scripture that states: "Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

Or they're confused.... you're crazy

Zid

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Here is a quote from the Watchtower July 15 1902 page 3043:-

"Europeans have stirred and commingled with
    each other far more than the peoples of other parts of the
    earth, it helps us to see how gradually, through many centuries,
    other peoples have undergone still greater changes.
    In considering this matter we are not to forget the strong
    pre-natal influence of the mother’s mind upon her olfspring,-
    co-operating with the influences of climate and soil. To illustrate:
    Suppose a missionary and his wife removed to China;
    not onlg would the influence of the climate and soil be manifested
    upon themselves, but the same would be still more manifested
    in their children. Whoever will give careful attention
    to this matter will notice that each succeeding child born in
    that foreign country will have increasingly more resemblance
    to the Chinese-the hair, the skin, the shape of the eyes, and
    in general all features will bear closer resemblance with each
    succeeding child. We can readily suppose that if so much
    change occurs in a few years, ten or twentv centuries under
    similar conditions would- turn any white people into regular
    Chinese, even supposing there were no intermarrying. The
    mother,. while carrying-her unborn child, has continual!y before
    her the Chinese type of countenance-eyes, hair, color
    etc., and the continual impress of these upon her mind could
    not fail, according to the law of our being, to influence her
    offspring in the manner noted."

Here is an example of the blatant racism exibited by the WtS. It's also an example of the complete lack of any scientific knowledge of human biology and reproduction.

They say that white people will eventually have Chinese kids ....because of the soil and climate and the fact that the expectant mother is LOOKING AT Chinese people.....Lol completely ridiculous.

Just imagine , this is the food from the slave provided from Jehovah's table which Jesus was so happy with he appointed them as his own "faithful and wise servant in 1919.........

• ninja
    ninja

just think if a bible student missionary in china slept around behind her husband's back and got preggers to a chinese guy....

that article would be a "get out of jail free card" for her.....he he.......

imagine the scenario:-

"of course the baby is yours!!!....read charlie boy's latest article in the watchtower....that explains it all"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit