In Two Weeks: Follow the Lamb (Watchtower Study)

by united states 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh and this the one where it is claimed (#14) "the number of anointed ones on the earth has decreased over the decades"!

gubberingbody - yes this is the kind of shameless article that would really tip someone over the edge.

• donuthole
    donuthole

New blog article on this Watchtower study Bible study with the aid of the Watchtower , Misplaced Trust

• onefootout
    onefootout

The comment I would love to make/hear:

Its nice to know that the Governing Body, as part of the Faithful slave have no special insights or shouldn't be seen as knowing any more than some of those of the Great Crowd.

*noise of pin dropping*

ofo

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Ann, my wife is even less tolerant of shit than I am. I had thought, perhaps that this org was in some way used, in perhaps the same way as the bickering, back-biting hypocrite-combo of sadducees-pharisees that lynched the messiah and that this was to be expected. Then I thought some more and I thought "What of it?" Even if they were used to get my attention switched from atheism to deism, that didn't mean that they were being used any more. I certainly felt no loyalty to the catholic church that kept making copies of scripture throughout the ages or in fact any other religious entity, so why should I care about this one? The lessons of the bible and history have taught me that whereas God may have used organizations, it certainly wasn't the case that organizations had his favor, but rather that individuals within these did and that when the organizations ceased their usefulness, they were left to their own devices. From my perspective the last 10 years of this organization that I've seen has left me convinced that there is no more spiritual value in this organization than in any other the professes to nominal Christianity. I have no family members who are JW's, I have no children and we were both of us always too odd for any group to begin with so any social value this organization had was no more social to us than a trip to the food court at a local mall. At least at the mall we can get "meat in due season". :)

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

This article is part of the "gradualism" of the GB. Take the main points and add them to the June 15 article ("The Faithful Steward and its Governing Body" being discussed in a number of places on this site) and it becomes clear that they are moving toward the "clarification" that the GB is what is really is: the faithful slave.

Of course, this would mean that a rhetorical question in the midst of a parable, is the greatest greatest prophecy in the bible -- only by understanding Jesus riddle can we obtain organizational salvation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit