In Two Weeks: Follow the Lamb (Watchtower Study)

by united states 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• united states
    united states

Is anybody else courious about this discussion. It seems as though they hide the fact that it is about the Governing Body up until the end when it says that they represent the FDS.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

Is there anywhere that I can read the article????

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is one I will just not be able to attend. No way. I decided when I saw the article three months ago.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is one comment you will not hear there:

The Lamb doesn't want us following him. He was trying to teach us to lead ourselves, so we would not need him leading us anymore.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Article highlights their status as self proclaimed spokesman for God and Jesus!

Their arrogance and presumptuousness is disgusting.

I am looking forward to is Blondie's comments and wish she would conduct the study...

• Heaven
    Heaven
    This is one I will just not be able to attend. No way. I decided when I saw the article three months ago.

DITTO! Not that I saw the article or would have even considered going in the first place (not now). Uuuuuhhhh.... I have to .... uh... rotate the tires on my jeep.

Besides, I'd rather "Follow the Lamb" (the true lamb of God Jesus Christ ) with you guys than the WTS ANY day.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Is anybody else courious about this discussion. It seems as though they hide the fact that it is about the Governing Body up until the end when it says that they represent the FDS.

It's been long understood that the GB represent the FDS. What is particularly interesting is this statement in paragraph 3:

"Jesus has appointed the faithful and discreet slave 'over his domestics,' that is, the individual members of the slave class, 'to give them their food at the proper time.' He has also appointed the slave 'over all his belongings.' [usual Scripture ref.] These 'belongings' include the growing 'great crowd' of 'other sheep.' [usual Scripture refs.] Should not individual members of the anointed and the 'other sheep' trust the slave appointed over them?"

I know this is nothing new, but the way it's phrased would surely make anyone with half a brain say 'Huh?' The anointed ARE the 'slave' and yet they have a 'slave' appointed over them? Let's face it, the subtext has to be "The GB is really the 'slave' appointed over 'anointed domestics' who are not really the 'slave' but we don't want to say that right out."

Watch out for the outrageous,

"As a group, the slave class has established an excellent record of 'following the Lamb no matter where he goes.' ... No doctrinal falsehood is 'found in their mouths,' and they remain 'without blemish' from Satan's world." (paragraph 2)

"The faithful slave is also discreet in that it neither acts immodestly, running ahead of Jehovah, nor lags behind when God's direction on a matter is clear." (paragraph 12)

Precious.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Thats something that NEVER made sense to me since I was a kid. How can the GB be the FDS? What about the anointed JWs around the world? They have no say in what goes into the articles or how the org is being led. I've asked that question since I was a kid and all I was told was not to question God's organization.

When I was kid and they talked about the anointed and the FDS...I asked this older sister who was of the anointed (maybe she was just crazy) which parts of the watchtower she had written and when was her next trip to Bethel. Then she told me that she did not write any part of the watchtower and that she had never even been to Bethel so I told her that she was not part of the anointed. My mother was sooooo embarrased. I was told to never question a JW adult again.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Ann... I always hated that idolatry of the GB and thought I'd just skip that meeting, but as it turns out, reading that article was one of the last straws of the bale of hay-shit-stack that they've been foisting more and more of late which made me and my wife decide to just leave.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Lamb is nice with mint sauce and some Potatoes.....Try the Faithful Slave Steakhouse - "Food at the proper time."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit