How Do I Discover Myself And Build My Self-Esteem After Realizing The Truth About 'the truth'?

by african GB Member 19 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Some of those of us who are still in find it difficult to get on with our lives after discovering the WT lies. We keep going to the meetings for family. Sitting there for hours affects one psychologically, especially when those in good standing boast about the new system,how bad people will be destroyed, and how good they are in the eyes of Jehovah. It really frustrates to be shunned and treated badly because one is not seen in the FS and does'nt comment or work torwards being a MS.

The above scenarios gets one to ask himself who is right,who is wrong/ JW's or 'Apostates'?

This can have an adverse impact on one's self-confidence, which is what I think JW's would like it to be. After all the years of being brainwashed, the first thing that comes to mind when one is in doubt is to turn to Jehovah, if one does'nt believe in Jehovah and his Org anymore where do they turn to??? And can they really be sure and confident about their choice?

aGBm

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It is a painful and slow road (at least it was for me) but it is so very worth it. No one can point you on the path that you must find, unfortunately. I know what you are going through.

The biggest hurdle for me was where we go after we die... okay, so... no resurrection, I didn't think I was going to play harps in heaven, didn't think I was going to burn in hell, and didn't believe in reincarnation because I figured the humans would be farther along by now if we were learning from past lives, AND I really figured we were MORE than fertilizer. No one could give me an easy answer, because there isn't one.

We were handed a rule book of easy and absolute answers, and it is daunting to realize that there aren't any. But let me assure you... life gets easier and better and better.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• littleC
    littleC

hi i left the organisation-as thats all it is founded and kept by people when i was 15, i left everyone i grew up with my family home i left my brothers and sisters and really was scared!i have never looked back im now 22, it was the hardest thing i have ever done and you know what?id never change it for the world because i am me. weve all been through some difficult patches and your right its natural to turn to the thing that you have always relied upon. it seemed when i left for a while it went from bad to worse, now i look back its because i didnt know who to turn too ither, but now i have learnt all along it was me!i hope you can begin to love yourself for who you really are and beleive in yourself that you ARE stronger than you sould ever beleive we all have it in us its just trying to pull out those wires that were installed in our brains for all those years, just imagine that-connective wires plugged into your brain-gradually put there over time by someone else they controll who you are, what you do and everything about you. because thats what it is, your brain is like a computer and with time you need to learn to re-wire it.i send you my love and hope that with time you will see the beautiful person you are and spread your wings, much love

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Nobody can make this choice but you. You can rediscover yourself in many ways by utilizing other means of occupying your time. When it comes to self esteem take pride in everything you do. Do not let anyone or thing belittle you.

As far as your spirituality goes you will also have to come to terms on whether you want a religion in your life. Some here have chosen to be spiritual even after life as a JW and others have not.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome to you, LittleC!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome littlec!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"How Do I Discover Myself And Build My Self-Esteem After Realizing The Truth About 'the truth'?".............Stand in the shower naked , lift wieghts and always Recycle!... Recycle .................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is a tough time..the pain of realizing it all is something that only a fellow ex Witness can understand.And it is harder when you cannot make a clean break because of family

Keep posting here..Do all you can towards association with new people. Never let them weaken your resolve .

BTW - Welcome to little c , nice first post !

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Thanx for your contributions everyone.

GB

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Hey GB...Where are at, or where do you think you may be at with regards the whole "process" of coming out?

"How do I discover myself" - HUGE question!

lurk3r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit