I need proof for my wife that NW Translation is not correct

by Albert Einstein 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

third heaven is only mentioned once in the bible and it says Jesus is caught upto it when he ascended to his father after he was dead for three days in the grave and appeared to his appostles.

this is were if you believe the correct grammer means Jesus was talking about that literal day when he says 'Today' then you know it couldn't of been because he died for three days before he then was resurrected for some time appearing to his appostles and followers then he went upto the 'third heaven.

This particular teaching is very much reflects the beliefs of who reads as to were they take it.

simply put if you believe Jesus meant today then he was lying since he was dead for three days.

Now as for paradise again it reflects the beliefs of who reads.

new heaven and new earth literal or symbolic?

the answer to what people think on that definitely reflects in were they go on this one.

genesis show the tree of life to be in a literal earthly place that adam was there while perfect and that this place was shut off to imperfect man by an angel with a sword there is no indication that the tree moved or will move position.

enesis 3:23-24 (New International Version)

23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side [ a ] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Reniaa - "Revelation 2:7

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

Please check your organisation official doctrine on this verse, as it states;

"Since they have no prospect of living in an earthly paradise, how is that anointed Christians, such as those Ephesians, are rewarded with eating "of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God?" This could not be the restored paradise on Earth, since the 144,000 anointed Christians, including those of the congregation at Ephesus, are bought from among mankind to rule with the Lamb, Christ Jesus, on the heavenly Mount Zion as spirit sons. Hence the reference here must be to the heavenly gardenlike realm inhereted by these conquerors."

Revelation Climax Book page 37

So, WTBTS teaching is that the paradise where the tree of life is, is actually in heaven.

I've previously explained to you that the word 'paradise' as used by Jesus has it's roots in Persian (Farsi). The word "be-hesht" in Persian means paradise and is understood by those who speak that tongue to mean a place in heaven. For JWs to get over their unique understanding of paradise a person must say "beh-hesht rooyeh zamin", which means "paradise on earth".

Compare what the Revelation Climax Book says with 2 Cor 12:2

" 2 I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows—was caught away as such to the third heaven . 3 Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know, God knows— 4 that he was caught away into paradise and heard unutterable words which it is not lawful for a man to speak"

Paul was probably referring to himself and God granted him a view into paradise. Guess where it was? Heaven.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

But Reniaa, you seem hung up on this. Where, according to your Biblical research, is the tree of life now?

Rev 2:7 - "in the paradise of God".

And where is the "paradise of God"?

In heaven.

What's so hard to grasp?

• Gordy
    Gordy

reniaa

genesis show the tree of life to be in a literal earthly place that adam was there while perfect and that this place was shut off to imperfect man by an angel with a sword there is no indication that the tree moved or will move position.

So what happen to the Tree of Life during the Noahs Flood?

So if the "tree of life" has not moved, where then is this "tree of Life" described in Revelation?

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. Rev 22:1-3.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Reniaa,

You are rushing ahead and making mistakes. Please examine the scripture I have posted and the context carefully!

third heaven is only mentioned once in the bible and it says Jesus is caught upto it when he ascended to his father after he was dead for three days in the grave and appeared to his appostles.

Yes it is mentioned only once and Paul was "caught up into" it, not Jesus! However, as I have mentioned the greek word is the same as the paradise in the other verses. How many paradises do you think there are?

this is were if you believe the correct grammer means Jesus was talking about that literal day when he says 'Today' then you know it couldn't of been because he died for three days before he then was resurrected for some time appearing to his appostles and followers then he went upto the 'third heaven.

No, you have not followed what I originally posted about the "Third Heaven" and how I have shown scripturally that it is where paradise is right now.

This particular teaching is very much reflects the beliefs of who reads as to were they take it.

simply put if you believe Jesus meant today then he was lying since he was dead for three days.

Do you mean that He was "conscious of nothing" as you teach. Ecclesiastes clearly states that Ecc 9:5 is of "nothing under the sun".

1. Ecclesiastes 1:3
      What does man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun?
      Ecclesiastes 1:2-4 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 1 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Ecclesiastes 1:9
      What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 1:8-10 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 1 (Whole Chapter)
    3. Ecclesiastes 1:14
      I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
      Ecclesiastes 1:13-15 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 1 (Whole Chapter)
    4. Ecclesiastes 2:11
      Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 2:10-12 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 2 (Whole Chapter)
    5. Ecclesiastes 2:17
      [ Toil Is Meaningless ] So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
      Ecclesiastes 2:16-18 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 2 (Whole Chapter)
    6. Ecclesiastes 2:18
      I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me.
      Ecclesiastes 2:17-19 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 2 (Whole Chapter)
    7. Ecclesiastes 2:19
      And who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the work into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless.
      Ecclesiastes 2:18-20 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 2 (Whole Chapter)
    8. Ecclesiastes 2:20
      So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 2:19-21 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 2 (Whole Chapter)
    9. Ecclesiastes 2:22
      What does a man get for all the toil and anxious striving with which he labors under the sun?
      Ecclesiastes 2:21-23 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 2 (Whole Chapter)
    10. Ecclesiastes 3:16
      And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment—wickedness was there, in the place of justice—wickedness was there.
      Ecclesiastes 3:15-17 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 3 (Whole Chapter)
    11. Ecclesiastes 4:1
      [ Oppression, Toil, Friendlessness ] Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking placeunder the sun: I saw the tears of the oppressed— and they have no comforter; power was on the side of their oppressors— and they have no comforter.
      Ecclesiastes 4:1-3 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 4 (Whole Chapter)
    12. Ecclesiastes 4:3
      But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 4:2-4 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 4 (Whole Chapter)
    13. Ecclesiastes 4:7
      Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:
      Ecclesiastes 4:6-8 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 4 (Whole Chapter)
    14. Ecclesiastes 4:15
      I saw that all who lived and walked under the sun followed the youth, the king's successor.
      Ecclesiastes 4:14-16 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 4 (Whole Chapter)
    15. Ecclesiastes 5:13
      I have seen a grievous evil under the sun: wealth hoarded to the harm of its owner,
      Ecclesiastes 5:12-14 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 5 (Whole Chapter)
    16. Ecclesiastes 5:18
      Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him—for this is his lot.
      Ecclesiastes 5:17-19 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 5 (Whole Chapter)
    17. Ecclesiastes 6:1
      I have seen another evil under the sun, and it weighs heavily on men:
      Ecclesiastes 6:1-3 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 6 (Whole Chapter)
    18. Ecclesiastes 6:12
      For who knows what is good for a man in life, during the few and meaningless days he passes through like a shadow? Who can tell him what will happen under the sun after he is gone?
      Ecclesiastes 6:11-12 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 6 (Whole Chapter)
    19. Ecclesiastes 8:9
      All this I saw, as I applied my mind to everything done under the sun. There is a time when a man lords it over others to his own hurt.
      Ecclesiastes 8:8-10 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 8 (Whole Chapter)
    20. Ecclesiastes 8:15
      So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given himunder the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 8:14-16 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 8 (Whole Chapter)
    21. Ecclesiastes 8:17
      then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all his efforts to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning. Even if a wise man claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it.
      Ecclesiastes 8:16-17 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 8 (Whole Chapter)
    22. Ecclesiastes 9:3
      This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of men, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead.
      Ecclesiastes 9:2-4 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 9 (Whole Chapter)
    23. Ecclesiastes 9:6
      Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 9:5-7 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 9 (Whole Chapter)
    24. Ecclesiastes 9:9
      Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given youunder the sun— all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.
      Ecclesiastes 9:8-10 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 9 (Whole Chapter)
    25. Ecclesiastes 9:11
      I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
      Ecclesiastes 9:10-12 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 9 (Whole Chapter)

1. Ecclesiastes 9:13
      [ Wisdom Better Than Folly ] I also saw under the sun this example of wisdom that greatly impressed me:
      Ecclesiastes 9:12-14 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 9 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Ecclesiastes 10:5
      There is an evil I have seen under the sun, the sort of error that arises from a ruler:
      Ecclesiastes 10:4-6 (in Context) Ecclesiastes 10 (Whole Chapter)

There is no sun or moon in paradise, Jesus is the light, symbolically and literally.

Now as for paradise again it reflects the beliefs of who reads.

new heaven and new earth literal or symbolic?

Literal, you expect to be in paradise on a literal earth, not symbolically don't you? Just the same as I do!

the answer to what people think on that definitely reflects in were they go on this one.

enesis 3:23-24 (New International Version)

23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side [ a ] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Once again, I agree. However, it isn't on earth right now is it? We have to wait for the new heaven and the new earth Isaiah 65 Isaiah 66 2 Peter 3:13 Revelation 21

All the best,

Stephen

• reniaa
    reniaa

This is all symbolic language in revelation and prophecy, Jws have a disclaimer in their revelation book saying it can change due to new understanding, christendom itself has varying beliefs from religion to religion. I am no expert on prophecy Doctrine my study of the bible indicates to me that adam was made for a purpose on earth and God hasn't changed that purpose, the earth is established forever is still part of God's purpose.

Biblical prophecy is only 100% after fulfillment when we have fully come to understand them otherwise imagine jews trying to figure out how JEsus could be said to come from alsorts of different places but now we understand due to seeing how it happened being born in bethlehem, going to egypt and living in nazareth. To this day the Jews belief Jesus wasn't the messiah because he didn't destroy the romans as they think he should of from prophecy, thats why we have to be careful with bible prophecy.

Like I said i'm no expert on prophecy but Jesus's words taken as a literally 'today' don't agree with any christian teaching because all say he was dead for three days.

As for paradise I find the teachings of Jws that cover both heaven and earth and don't promise all a heavenly resurrection as kings and rulers as more believable and realistic from a whole bible perspective.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Reniaa,

Have you really examined closely my post after little over one minute?!

Please consider carefully what I am actually saying and show me any flaws s you find them.

Many thanks in advance :)

All the best,

Stephen

• reniaa
    reniaa

I do not believe your ecclesiastes reasoning. Under the sun is not in sheol.

Eccl 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol * , where you are going.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Jws have a disclaimer in their revelation book saying it can change due to new understanding,

How convenient!!!!!

Sorry, I feel pissy about this statement, because as you know if an individual disagrees with what the WT says it's not looked at kindly. I have never seen this disclaimer anybody have a scan of this? I think they need this in all publications.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi reniaa,

I do not believe your ecclesiastes reasoning. Under the sun is not in sheol.

Forgive me but that is not my reasoning! Yes, sheol is not under the sun, I agree. But that was not what I was drawing attention to.

The scriptures says this

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 (New International Version)

5 For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
    never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.

The scripture says when we are dead, we are conscious of nothing under the sun, not that we enter "soul sleep" Soul sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or whatever the WT chooses to call it. That is false teaching. I have plenty more verses on that subject. Try this one.

Hebrews 11:4 (New International Version)

4 By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.

My JW friend had an answer to that. Let's see if yours is the same?

Since I mentioned it to him, I have had a revelation regarding that chapter from the Holy Spirit which supports the literal Hebrews 11:4.

With love, talk soon.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit