Witnessing to a Witness

by cluless 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cluless
    cluless

If I meet a witness on the street who doesnt know me I approach them with a list of each of the translaters of the new world translation and there lack of knowledge of Greek and Hebrew.(I keep this list in my wallett) I then show the witness variouse scriptures that have been changed in their bible to support organisational doctrine. I reafirm to them that the translating committe in their own bible claim to have translated from the orional Greek and Hebrew but had no knowledge of Greek or Hebrew.

I then leave my mobile number and ask them to phone me to prove what I have said is incorrect and then I would be happy to study the bible with them. On the four occassions I have used this presentation the conversation has remained positive. But I have never received a phone call-

Clueless

• AlexHall
    AlexHall

Haha, why Im I not supriced. I would be really supriced if they ever called you back. They most probably regard you as a apostate and a bit of a lunatic for your evidence. They will find ways to work their minds around it, most probably by ignoring it.

Sad, but I would think, rather true

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol I'd have my own list to give you clueless, maybe you should start with John 1:1 and why it's false to render 'word was God' when even the experts recognise 'divine' and 'a god' as more accurate.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Cluless - I like your style! Too bad you didn't run into me years ago. Would have saved me many years of believing the Lie. Very well thought-out presentation and right on the money. I defy any Witness to be able to come back and tell you your information is incorrect.

Anyone really truly interested in TRUTH will start comparing Bibles with the Interlinear versions (Reniaa I suggest you seriously start doing the same!) and it will quickly become apparent how much the NWT's renderings of key scriptures have been 'spun' to bolster the WT's preconceived notions of its own interpretations.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Reniaa, you're not seriously going to defend the WTS rewriting of John 1:1 are you? What are you going to defend next, 607 c.e.?

St. Ann

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Here we go again...

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Renaii: Can you supply us with the list of scholars that agree with the NWT at John 1:1? Are you telling me that you are correct and these reputable scholars are wrong?

Here's a link of scholars that were misquoted by the Watchtower.

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20and%20NWT.htm#Horner

Here's a response from Dr Julius Mantley:

In response to your request, I give you the following facts: In Jehovah's Witnesses' Translation of the New Testament, where I am quoted in a footnote on John 1:1 (cf., D-M Gk. Gram. Pg. 148 (3)), I was writing on how the article "distinguishes the subject from the predicate in a copulative sentence," not on the significance of the absence of the article before THEOS. My closing statement in the paragraph was: "As it stands, the other persons of the Trinity may be implied in THEOS." My interpretation of John 1:1 in that same paragraph was "The Word was Deity," i.e., that Christ is of the same essence as the Father, of the same family. So I was quoted out of context. Is that honest scholarship?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa says: lol I'd have my own list to give you clueless, maybe you should start with John 1:1 and why it's false to render 'word was God' when even the experts recognise 'divine' and 'a god' as more accurate.

My reply: Umm what experts Reniaa??? Let's see...a Christadelphian....a Unitarian who altered the original someone else's wirting and a spirit medium named Johannes Greber- who the WT admitted in 1950 something was a spirit medium yet continued to quote from him. Then in 1980 or so they wrote an article intimating that they first found this out about him so they would no longer quote him.

I would also ask the JW to show me where in the Bible an org is authorized to be the channel leading to Jesus.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good work Clueless!

Another interesting thing is, as worded in the Proclaimers book, footnote pg. 608.

This translation was assigned to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania for publication, with the request that the names of the translators never be published. They wanted all honor to go to Jehovah God, the Divine Author of his inspired Word.

Now that's really putting spin on their desire to keep the inadequate "translators" anonymous.

As previously illustrated on this forum, would you go to a hospital and agree to have an operation by an anonymous brain surgeon? Would you agree to an anonymous team providing assistance to your anonymous brain surgeon? Suppose they say that they choose to remain anonymous in order to give more attention to the needs of your brain?

B the X

• cluless
    cluless

Reniaa.

"It is a very responsible thing to translate from there origional languages Hebrew Aramic and Greeek into modern speach" so say the translating committee of the N.W.T.

Could you kindly answer yes or no the following question.

Did the translating committe that claim to have translated the N.W.T. from the origional languages Hebrew Aramic and Greek have knowledge of Greek or Hebrew or trainning in Biblical languages?

Translators of N.W.T.

Nathan h Knorr No Knowledge Greek or Hebrew

Milton Henshel, Albert Schroder,Karl Klein, George Gangus ..No Training Biblical languages

Fred Franz Between 1911-1913 Frank attended the university of cincinatti he earned 15 hours of Latin 21 of Classical Greek and a single 2 hour credit course titled "The New Testament a course in grammer and translation"

Reninna whilst iam not sure of my religiose beliefs I thankyou for your contribution to this board as he has helped me develop the "fruitages of the spirit" and therefore you have contributed to be being more patient and slower to anger individual.

Cluless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit