Shunning is a Great Anti-Witness

by outofservice 23 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

When dubs are willing to obey their shunning doctrine fully in a public place, it does shock normal people with normal feelings. However, most dubs are devious enough to be marginally polite in public when they know their intolerance is going to show like an unzipped fly.

The single WTS doctrine change that would bring them down is if they allowed dubs free contact with the exdubs. The WTS would fold like a dying camel within a year.

• outofservice
    outofservice

Thank you all for your positive comments.

Hubert that letter is very powerful and so sad.

My husband and I simply faded we did not DA nor were we DF. All though it's been 7 years its still difficult to be shunned. I am her only child she has no husband or any other family.She just has her JW family. It is sad and she tells the people at her work how much she misses me and her grandchildren. I told them to tell her that was her choice not mine and she can change it at any time, but I know she is too stubborn and the type of person who always has to be right so I know nothing will change. But I love this forum where people understand.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The single WTS doctrine change that would bring them down is if they allowed dubs free contact with the exdubs. The WTS would fold like a dying camel within a year"...............Or.....If they allowed free contact with ExDubs..The WBT$ would fold like a cheap umbrella in a Rain Storm!!.. Windy ......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, neither DA nor DF and are shunned? I know of some that have gone to that extreme. And, I know of some that won't speak to even active dubs because they think they are evil and have "marked" them.

Yep, that's a good anti-Witness. Send a copy of your time and placements to Patterson, Service Department so it can be deducted from the national report. And remember to do like the pioneers and "round up" the figures.

B the X

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I would love to see that letter on the editorial page of every newspaper as the annual ,"Beware of Smooth talking Bible carrying Door Knocking "event .

• outofservice
    outofservice

B the X I guess I'm extra special. And I will send my time in and I'll also count my time when I stopped for coffee because I left a track in the bathroom

• Quandry
    Quandry

Outofservice,

So sorry you are the recipient of this awful shunning. You said:

She just has her JW family.

Rest assured that when she gets older and is no longer able to care for herself, the witnesses will quickly tell her that her family-meaning you-is obligated to care for her.

I remember when I first joined this board that I read a post by a woman who was shunned by her mother for years, but now that her mother had Alzheimer's disease, the congregation quickly dumped her, and this poor woman was left to care for a woman she hadn't seen for years, and that no longer recognized her.

I wonder if your mother realizes that this could happen to her?

• outofservice
    outofservice

Quandry- My husband has asked me about this many times especially since she HATES him. I said we will have to take care of her and you can read

Crisis of Conscience to her each night. It reminds me of the bumper sticker be nice to your kids they pick out your nursing home.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

i was shunned by certain people long before i was disfellowshipped. I was pushing a car unsuccesfully in the snow in the northern regions of the american continent and they just passed me by after they realized who i was.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Hubert's post of Noble's letter: But through slick words and empty speeches you convinced me that I was not really a child of God, that my duty was to the organization-that THEY would tell me what to do and how to think.

You know something? I have never really ever thought of it in those terms before, and good heavens that is painful.

MRaimondi said: I was pushing a car unsuccesfully in the snow in the northern regions of the american continent and they just passed me by after they realized who i was.I am very sorry you had that experience.

I have seen a very similar thing happen to a dear friend of mine... I told my story of it here... his family (and many other faithful Witnesses) passed him walking in the pouring rain on the way to a meeting at the Kingdom Hall.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/172415/3/Has-anyone-lost-a-friend-or-known-of-someone-who-committed-suicide-over-BORG-induced-guilt

Here we stand... survivors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit