The "Generation" from 1897 to 2008

by Ultimate Reality 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

To the witnesses, the "truth" is like the weather: Always changing. It's a case of saying to oneself: "What is the received truth on this topic at the moment?"

• bob1999
    bob1999

I think even the WTS says "current truth" or sometimes "current understanding" in it's literature.

From my point of view, that's too funny.

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus, the Messiah, is the same yesterday and today-and forever! Stop being carried away by all kinds of unusual teachings...."

If Jesus is the same, why wouldn't truth be the same?

It seems to me that the WTS takes the simplest, easiest thing to understand (from scripture) and makes it hard to understand.

That sounds like an " unusual teaching", to me.

Peace

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Hey all you lurking pioneers, are you getting tired of cleaning toilets or windows to eek out a living? Don't worry, it's only another 25 years until 2034, so "Do more til '34!!".

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

OnTheWayOut,

I thoroughly enjoyed your WatchTower paragraph adjusting our understanding of the generation. If a member of the Writing Committe is lurking on here, he might just copy that to a personal file for use in a future issue.

The WTS has already hinted at 2034 as being significant as it is 120 years from 1914. I beleve it was in an '03 WT, the same one that Ray Franz highlighted in CoC.

SM

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good research. I hope you don't mind that I have copied your quotes and added them to http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/generation.htm

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Thanks jwfacts; I don't mind at all, your site has been a tremendous resource for me personally.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Ultimate Reality:

Great stuff! Keep-em coming!

N.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, Ultimate Reality.

Good investigation.

I also mentioned this topic in my bulletin board years ago.
    http://xbbs.knacks.biz/possible01/a6

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit