Does anyone have a scan? - JUNE 15 2009 WT Study Edition

by Ultimate Reality 38 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WHY ARE THEY USING LUKE 12 FOR THIS??

Normally any study on the FDS uses matthew, and tellingly does not refer to the paralel passage in Luke.

(I think because Luke undermines their usual interpretation.)

HB

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks Governing body

This is just what my husband needs to read to confirm what a bunch of phoneys you are.

Keep up the good work guys.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Par 19- What effect should the above facts have......

Facts!?!

Facts.

Facts...

Wow- what passes for a fact these days. It sure looked like opinion- not fact.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

thanks for posting the copy

• yknot
    yknot

Well don't that take the cake........ I know it is probably cited back when the congregational vote was replaced with the Kangaroo Court but still when you look at that scripture in the NWT there is no citation that supports such a broad opinion......

The rest of the article is just an expanded version of the May 07 KM and Aug 07 WT.... Ain't Gene so proud of himself!

• boyzone
    boyzone

Good point Ynot! Also doesn't the scriptures describe "the majority" disciplining someone in the congregation? So doesn't this conclude that there was a minority that chose NOT to share in the discipline? Can't remember where that scripture is.....

How does this apply only to the body of elders? It doesnt. Its talking about all the congregation, not just a select few.

Talk about going beyond what was written.....

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Ynot's point is well taken. The WT point here, and elsewhere about the GB, is the equivalent of the scribes in Jesus day quoting other dead scribes for their authority. Just because congregation procedure has been handled a certain way for a long time does not bolster any related claim, or make it more scriptural. Just like when you see them say "as this journal has pointed out for many years..." to bolster their credibility for their latest power grab.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

They are getting closer to the FDS = GB concept....

• fokyc
    fokyc

"WT_June_15_2009_Vol_130_No_12.pdf"

You can access this by clicking the following link: http://www.box.net/shared/cuqucosiu1

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit