What I do know is that there is peace to be found and there love to be had, after the organisation

by LIftsong 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome, father and daughter!

Love never fails ...

Love,

CoCo

• LIftsong
    LIftsong

Thanks everyone We had a great weekend together and as our time together usually is, it was full of laugther!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome liftsong and littlec.

When I left the witnesses, I realized after becoming a witness at 21 and then being "in" for over thirty years, that I didn't really know who I was. I had the vaguest notion of things through the years that I wished I could do, as in hobbies, but continually pushed them to the back of my mind, as I didn't have time for them but must be "whole souled" and "theocratic" and any hobbies or education could come later in the "new system."

Now, at fifty-seven, I am in college part time. I am also drawing. I wish I had had art lessons so many years ago. Don't know where that might have taken me.

My daughter is twenty-one, in college, and pursuing her dreams. I am so glad......

• angeleyes110900
    angeleyes110900

Wow Liftsong, that was a very touching story. I was raised in a JW home for the most part, because my mom would go back and forth while raising four children. I never got baptized, because I didn't agree w/their teachings on blood, and among other things. I was baptized in September of 2009 as a christain, and it feels good to have that peace w/God! My family on my mom and dads side are JWs, so they don't have much to do with me. When I see a witness, they are polite and say hello, and look at me like i'm a poor lost soul. My mom informed me, that we could never have a good relationship because I turned away from the truth. God blessed me with a wonderful daughter, and husband whom have supported me from the beginning on my journey, of seeing the truth about this religon. I hope that all of us on this website, can support those whom have left the organization, or whom just need support!

• Johnny
    Johnny

Time flies when you are a "Witness". And before you know it, your whole life is behind you. How sad.

And then they wonder why some are "bitter".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit