Is Being A Snitch A Popular Activity In The Kingdub?

by Yizuman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

How often do dubs hear someone snitch about a wrong doing from a brother or sister?

How often do you hear of a snitch going to the Elders to stir up a lynch mentality against a brother or sister?

Is there some points being earned for all this or do they think Jehovah will reward them for being a snitch?

Just curious if this happens alot.

Yiz

• jws
    jws

I wouldn't know from experience. I ignored the disfellowshipping offenses I knew about. That included people having sex, people getting drunk, people smoking, people gambling (I think they can DF you for gambling, right?).

But there were plenty of snitches. There was one sister who always went to the elders with rumors and suspicions about me. If the elders couldn't prove anything, she'd see that everybody else knew anyway.

I would guess most disfellowshippings are due to a snitch. Although there are those people who feel guilty and feel the need to confess, I would guess that's not the majority of them. Or if they do confess, it's because somebody caught them and is giving them the opportunity to turn themselves in so it'll go easier on them.

• manicmama
    manicmama

Oh yeah! One of my mothers so called "friends" went to the elders when she read that a kid had been caught drunk & driving with the same name as my brother (who was NOT a witness, still living at home about 18). It's a fairly common name, did she come to my mother? No, she went running to the elders likity split. The elders came a running to my mother who promptly set them straight and demanded who had told them such a thing......they never were friends again after that.

Buy the way, did I mention that her 2 sons had already been charged with burglery, grand theft auto, drug distribution?

• cluless
    cluless

Yizuman.

Who is snitching on who?

You snitched your brothers downstream by going on to this apostate site.

To your brothers you are the traitor.

Take eternal salvation out the picture and we can all be friends.

If only for a day.

Clueless.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Dubs are obligated to snitch, if they don't then they can get reproved. I've seen many cases of this exact behavior.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well, I did snitch plenty of times, if I had to go back, I will change all of that!

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

I taddled on a couple occasions. I thought I was helping to keep the congregation clean.

• dinah
    dinah

My Mom turned me in to the Gestapo. My best friend kept her mouth shut.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Um, yeah. When you have a set of rules that imperfect humans are doomed not to be able to live up to, it creates a culture in which pointing out others "wrongs" thrives, since the more you snitch, the more those in charge are looking at others and not you.

• oompa
    oompa

i have more first hand mate than i care to admit........, good friend snitches........than i can talk about....snitch, snitch, snitch.....it is far worse from the born in's........so dont hate them too much.....that is all they know and cant help themselves........dammit.....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit