How many anointed can there be?

by Lost-In-Translation 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This recent memorial my wife atended, and she said that it was brought out about how only Jehovah knows who is annointed. HMmmmmmmmm.

So 95K annointed in 1929? What about the 60k christians killed by Nero in Rome. That number was in a WT. This was one of my "what the hell was I thinking" moments in looking at the math

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ wha happened - I challenged my dad on that issue, the number of Christians who were executed in the 1st C. His reply was straight out of the Tower; we don't know if they died faithful.

I was shocked. Witnesses are happy to retro-actively judge people who died for their faith just so that they can defend the teachings of the Governing Body.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Witnesses are happy to retro-actively judge people who died for their faith just so that they can defend the teachings of the Governing Body.

Excellent point PP

yesidid

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You know what could fix it? Another heavenly cleansing. Some more angels turned bad in 2004 and Jesus has been tossing the angels down from heaven, which is why things are getting EVEN WORSE here on Earth! So, we need some new heaven-bound people to replace those tossed out (Acts 7:12)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Then if they are saying only god knows who is truly of the anointed why have they been stating that the anointed numbers have been decreasing

over the years and why are they even counting the people that say that they are.

There is a definite mix up of words and ideologies going on there.

The lesser amount of people partaking of the emblems was suppose to have meant that we are getting closer to the end.

Once again they have tripped over their words because now there are more so called anointed ones than ever before.

Dam bullshitting can be a difficult game to play at times.

But we're still gods only earthly organization alright.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

The article that you guys are looking for is Sep 1st 1951 *** w51 9/1 p. 518 Hated for His Name ***

Diocletian assumed the crown A.D. 284. At first he seemed friendly to the Christians, but in the year 303 he gave in to persuasion and opened the tenth persecution, probably the most ferocious of all. Suffocation by smoke, forcible drinking of melted lead, mass drownings and burnings, breaking on the rack of men and women alike ran the empire with blood. In a single month 17,000 were slain. In the province of Egypt alone, 144,000 such professed Christians died by violence in the course of this persecution, in addition to another 700,000 who died as a result of fatigues encountered in banishment or under enforced public works.

This article shows that almost 1 MILLION!!!! Christians died for their faith.

Notice too the negative inference in the language used regarding the ones who died in Egypt "such PROFESSED Christians" ......

Password is spot on ,they will disgustingly stoop to questioning the Christianity of of people who died for Christ just to justify their deeply flawed doctrines.

When was the last time anyone on the GB faced death at the mouthes of lions or burning at the stake....sickening people.

I also notice the the huge irony in the amount in question in the province of Egypt:- 144,000..........lol ,do the freaking maths.

If you start off on a false premise like Rutherford did the only way you can perpetuate it is to embroider more lies on the tapestry.

H.K.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit