J Dubs Coffee Shop

by Amazing 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Last October 2008, someone named Jim Whitney opened a coffee shop named "j. dubs coffee" which we know is slang for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Could it be me? Well, could it? I am neither confirming nor denying it! Read and decide for yourself:

http://www.jdubscoffee.com/J_Dubs_In_the_News.html

Visit Smiley Central! Only my hair dresser knows for sure ... I tell her everything.

Yes, I edited the post and changed the title ... why? ... because I can!

• minimus
    minimus

That's not you. You're from a different part of the country.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Minimus: Are you saying that I cannot travel there, and engage in business?

• minimus
    minimus

I'm saying it isn't you.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL ... has a certain ring to it

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm going to go have a cup of coffee there.... I'll find out. Not sayin just when...but soon. I've met the Amazing Jim Whitney...I'll know if the Jim Whitney of J Dubs is one and the same...

Coffee

• minimus
    minimus

This Jim Whitney (you) are an engineer. The other, according to my sources never was an engineer. Unless he was a telephone company "engineer".

• Amazing
    Amazing

Minimus:

Correct, I am an electrical engineer and work on nuclear power plants. That does not mean that I could not decide to take some of my hard earned money and invest it in a coffee chain, hiring my brother to run it. Did I, or did I not? I am neither confirming nor denying.

PS: I also currently hold a real estate license and manage commercial investment properties in various locations.

• minimus
    minimus

The writeup says he works it everyday with his family.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, modern-day JWs are earning something of a reputation for deserting the door-to-door work in favor of hanging out in cafes. How wonderful that this good man has had the business-savvy to start up a coffee shop with such an apt name. One question:How's the coffee? Is it the real stuff - espresso- and not the cheap stuff found at home?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit