Good anti-witnessing last night.

by hubert 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

My wife had a few women over last night for a get together, and she told me that one of them has a sister that is getting "rv's" (return viisits) from a J.W. So this lady told me that her sister talked to the j.w. for two hours, the last time she came to her house. Then she said her sister said the j.w. seems so nice that she hates to tell her she's not interested in her "religion", and so she just lets her come back and accepts the (rags) mags from her and they have a nice chat.

She then says to me, "I am not worried about my sister getting involved with them, because my sister is a devout Catholic, and will never change." So, I said, "Never say never"., then went to my files and dug out some of my material that she should show her sister.

I told her that what the j.w.'s will do is gain her sister's confidence, and tell her that when her family finds out that she is getting involved with j.w.'s, they will get very upset and try to get her to not "study" with us (jw's). This will show her that the j.w.'s get persecuted, and that's why they are the true religion. I also told her the j.w.'s have to count their time, so the two hours goes into her quota, and j.w.'s have to report so many hours each month that they proselytize.

Then, I gave her one of my extra copies of the "You can live forever" book, with all my page number references in it to find topics such as: "Fingerprint...Generation of 1914", p. 149. "God's organization", P. 190, 191, 195. "Bible says 1914", p. 154, "Some of generation of 1914 will still be alive....", same page.

Then I showed her a pre-1995 Awake with the qoute on page 4 about the 1914 generation, and showed her a current one, with the generation change. I gave her a scan of the pre-1995 page 4 of Awake, and told her to show these to her sister, and not the j.w., and ask her sister which of these statements are the "truth". If the newer version is the truth, then the pre-1995 version has to be a lie, as they are both "The Creators promise", and God doesn't lie, so it can't be from God.

The I told her to show her sister where they say that "The Bible says 1914", and told her to ask her sister to find that date in the Bible. I then said the j.w.'s will try to find an answer by looking up Bible verses, but won't be able to give a true answer to these questions.

I also discussed blood policy, and organ transplants, how they reversed this after 13 years of prohibiting it, and I wondered how many people died before it was allowed.

Then I covered the shunning, and child abuse, and not celebrating holidays. So, I believe this woman's sister will have only one more knock on her door, and that should be the end of that "rv" indoctrination (brainwashing) procedure. I told this lady that if she needs any more info or wants me to talk to her sister, I will gladly discuss it with her.

It felt so good to be able to use the material and knowledge that I have been collecting for years from here and other sources to help someone keep their family out of the clutches of that cult. I thank you all for this.

Hubert

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds like you had a productive time, hubert. So are you going to count your time (smile)? Non-jws know very little because so much is not really explained to people until after their baptism.

Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I appreciate how you cautioned her. Never say never. We are sure that nobody will fall for the Nigerian email scams anymore, but someone must be, or else it would stop.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Mr. Hubert,

I want to transfer millions of dollars in your account but first need your bank account number. Please PM me asap and I will take care of the rest.

Jesus loves you.

Mr. Outaservice

Nigeria

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mr. Outaservice Once you have collected it from him, would you please remember me!
    I need money badly, I sit here in the nude, no clothes,

havent eaten in two weeks.my glasses are broken,so cant see, I know you will send
    it immediatly

• poppers
    poppers

Good job, hubert.

We are sure that nobody will fall for the Nigerian email scams anymore, but someone must be, or else it would stop.

I want to transfer millions of dollars in your account but first need your bank account number. Please PM me asap and I will take care of the rest.

LOL! Yeah. Someone on here, maybe one of you two, posted a link to a 419 scambusting site that is very entertaining to read. Here it is:

http://www.scambuster419.co.uk/introduction.htm

Here's another one I found that is equally good, and it has pictures too!

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

I still get several "proposals" every week.

• lavendar
    lavendar

You did a GREAT JOB, Hubert! I love reading anti-witnessing stories! I hope the sister can finally tell the returning JW, "thanks..but no thanks"!

Where can I find the pre-1995 Awake scans that you talked about?

Lavendar

• booby
    booby

the recent thread about good anti witnessing last night, mentioned the book "you can live forever in paradise on earth" and although I have read the crapola about the signs of the end and christ's presence "and also totally believed it at one time" as is often the case I noticed something it says in a different light. It actually says " Also, the Bible said that allthesethings would happen upon the generation that was alive in 1914." so the bible actually says 1914. they just don't give the bible book, chapter and/or verse.

• booby
    booby

sorry that was supposed to be in a new thread. oops!

• hubert
    hubert

Mouthy said....... "I need money badly, I sit here in the nude, no clothes,"

So, looks like you're out of luck, "outaservice", Mouthy needs all of it, and fast, too. I'll get it to you very, very soon, Mouthy.

And no, I'm not hand delivering it. sex

Hubert

Blondie, I'll let you and the others know how this went, when I hear back from this lady.

Lavender, try googling "generation change 1995" and you should find something there.

Booby, the date 1914 is not in the Bible as far as I know. I searched for it, and didn't find it, not even in the Bible index.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit