Jehovah created Jesus? Jesus is "a god" and "mighty god"? Consider these...

by Chalam 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• possible-san
    possible-san

passwordprotected,

The conversation with you is useless (wasteful).

possible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Matthew 5:9 (New International Version)

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.

All the best,

Stephen

• hooberus
    hooberus

h

hooberus,
    I know enough that there are many Trinitarians who say (believe) like you.
    But my opinion is that it is not the correct Trinity doctrine.
    And what the Watch Tower society is attacking is the Trinity doctrine which people like you believe.

Only sometimes does the WT Society correctly present the orthodox Trinity doctrine. Often what they present it as being is "three Gods in one person" rather than the correct "one God in three persons". After setting up their straw man, they then point to verses that teach only one God, and/or verses that show that the Fatrher and Son as distict persons, and then claim that these are somehow inconsistent with orthodox trinitarianism (which they aren't). Though of course they are inconsistent with the false "three Gods in one person" strawman.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Excuse me, but how many discussions are being carried out here simultaneoulsy? I'd like to partake, or at least try to understand - but how many?

And why is it, that each and every discussion where possible-san "takes part", is immediately ruined by him?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes I understand your frustration.

OK, where were we?

Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me...

All the best,

Stephen

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, hooberus,

You have to understand the context.

You replied to my next words.
    "It is the true Trinity doctrine that Jesus is not Jehovah."

And you stated like this.
    "I am a Trinitarian. Trinitarian books affirm that all three persons are Jehovah."

To it, I replied to you like this.
    "And what the Watch Tower society is attacking is the Trinity doctrine which people like you believe."

So, the subject which I have described now is not "three Gods in one person".
    It is a "strawman" as you point it out.

That I want to say is that The Watch Tower society is attacking the Trinity considered "Jesus is Jehovah."
    But it is an unrelated attack for the Trinitarians who thinks "Jesus is not Jehovah."
    It is such parts which I feel "The Governing Body is deceiving followers."

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The historical Trinity Doctrine of the Christian (Protestant and Catholic) churches has always been this:

1:) There is only One True God by Nature.

2:) There are Three Distinct Persons who share equally the Nature of God.

3:) There are NOT three different GODS (that is the false doctrine of Tritheism or Polytheism).

4:) There is NOT one PERSON who is revealed three different ways (that is the false doctrine of Modalism).

5:) However, each Person of the Trinity does have His own "role" or "function." The Son willingly obeys the Father. The Spirit willingly obeys the Father and the Son. (This is known as "Functional Subordinationism")

6:) Each of the Three Persons is called "Jehovah" (or "Yahweh") and "God" in the Bible.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Just to clarify a little more...

Jesus IS Jehovah, but He is NOT The Father or The Spirit.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

* The Son is the One who died on the Cross, NOT The Father or The Spirit.

* The Father is the One who sent The Son into the world. (Jesus did NOT send Himself)

* The Son was praying to The Father. (Jesus was NOT praying to Himself)

* While Jesus was on earth (and even after He returned to heaven), The Father had a greater position or rank of authority within the Godhead.

* The Father, Son, and Spirit are EQUAL in Nature, Essence, Attributes, Qualities, Power, Knowledge, etc.

* The Father, Son, and Spirit deserve EQUAL worship and praise and prayer from Christians.

* The Son took on flesh, and became 100% Human in addition to being 100% God. That is why He had certain human limitations while He was on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit