Sunday School Teacher Indicted for Murder and Rape - Still Lots of ?????

by flipper 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

NONI 1974- Words can't even express how sad I feel for you at what you went through. I'm so sorry you were hatefully abused this way. It does go to show females are capable of evil actions just like men. One would think you could have trusted another girl to assist you in the restroom. It just goes to show how careful all parents need to be in protecting their dear children. I hope you got some counseling and therapy for this my friend.

RESTRANGLED- I agree with your take as well. Like I've maintained on this thread from the beginning - I do believe more information will come out on this once they get the computer back from the FBI and find out WHO was viewing WHAT on the home computer of the pastor grandfather and his wife and Melissa Huckaby. So I reserve judgment until then. However I do feel this woman is taking the fall for someone else involved in this case. The pastor, or somebody else.

To me it is very telling and quite suspicious that no public words of sympathy have been expressed to the young girl's family by Melissa Huckabie's family at all ! Usually you see that in a murder case like this from the murderer's family. But nothing. And you make a good point - why would the little girl Sandra have felt comfortable all this time playing at Melissa Huckabie's home with her 5 year old daughter ? Very solid point. Time will tell - I'm pretty confident of that.

AVASHAI- Very true that women do these types of abuse and murders. But I guess we will just have to see what comes out evidence wise in the months ahead

• flipper
    flipper

OLD FLAME- It is appalling how ministers and pastors in positions of control and power abuse that power by molesting young children. It's sick and twisted . Good advice from you for parents to always watch who their children are with. A person can never be too careful.

OSERVADOR- All I can say is I hope whoever killed this young Sandra girl, male or female - I hope he or she gets many, many years or even the death penalty for the loss of this girl. No matter which sex killed her - justice needs to be done in a complete way

• avishai
  • flipper
    flipper

AVISHAI- Well, I can see that your point is certainly valid and well taken in regards to this particular offender Melissa Huckaby. Apparently the news in the last 2 days has indicated this woman kidnapped another young girl from the mobile home park in January for 4 hours without letting her mother know . She apparently took the young girl to the park , and further medical examinations showed she gave the girl muscle relaxers and sedative type pills . No apparent evidence of molestation - however it could just be she didn't get the chance. But it does go to show like you were saying - females DO commit these kinds of crimes. This case is getting just terminally weird as it goes on. We shall see what the next month or so reveals. Although I heard today they put a gag order on the people involved in the case and jurors and attorneys - so we may not hear much

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There are just as many sick women out there as there are men.

Well, no. It is well-established just the opposite. That is the point that this thread has made clear. Women molesters, even if you considered half going unreported and zero of males going unreported, female molesters are RARE. I only say this because some of these assumptions can be dangerous. Women are not equal in number to male molesters.

We have not even discussed in this thread that there are lots of defining criteria to explore. One important one is the age-differential between suspect and victim. Depending on a state-by-state complex criteria, for example, sexual activity among kids with a 5 year age difference may be considered "acting out," not molestation. Ever "play doctor" when you were a kid? That is totally normal. When does it become molestation? A 12-year old and a 7-year old? A 10-year old and a 6 year old? There are clear guidelines in most states, but it is still not so easy to pin down.

Don't assume.

• avishai
    avishai

I actually agree w/ Bizzy to a large extent. I do feel it goes unreported, but still there ARE more male offenders. Age differnce, etc. also plays a factor as the report I showed states. Bizzy and I may have minor disagreements on stats, or not. But we're on the same side, protecting and helping kids. It's a really hard field to work in, and I have tremendous respect for anyone who does. Especially Bizzy, 'cuz she's a smart lady.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hey, thanks, avishai.

I remember driving home from my first child sexual abuse convention, 4 hours - from San Diego to Santa Barbara - tears streaming down my face the whole way wondering what I had signed on for. I had no idea. But I found out - awful stuff, unimaginable stuff. Stuff a 'normal' person cannot even picture. Anyone who loves children and understands how trusting and vulnerable they are.....well, someone has to do this work, but it is not me. It requires a great deal of detachment that I do not possess.

• flipper
    flipper

BIZZY BEE, AVISHAI & ALL OTHERS- Well, well. What's the old expression of it not being over until the 3rd out of the 9th inning ? In the Sacramento news tonight they said that FBI agents are investigating a church in Washington where Melissa Huckabie's grandfather and grandmother attended years ago interviewing people gathering information about the grandfather. Apparently he had been questioned years before about HIS involvement in possibly molesting of a child up there. More will come out I'm sure about this - however the judge has put a gag order on this trial so media news releases may be in small bits as it is forthcoming. I've been suspecting the grandfather from the beginning- so it will be interesting to see how much information is released about this. I hope the TOTAL truth comes out

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I haven't read all the posts but so far from the info the media is providing I don't think she meant to kill the little girl. But if it were up to me I would have no problem giving her the death penalty.

These kind of cases are heartbreaking. The video of little Sandra skipping along happy as can be makes it seem all the more tragic.

• flipper
    flipper

AWAKEN 2004 - I don't know that I agree with the statement " I don't think she meant to kill the little girl. " Only someone with malicious intent would bury an 8 year old's body in a suitcase and throw it into an irrigation pond. Now whether she killed the girl- or the grandfather killed the girl - disposing of a child's remains like that is insane and evil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit