Sunday School Teacher Indicted for Murder and Rape - Still Lots of ?????

by flipper 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

As some of you may have heard about the tragic rape and death of an 8 year old Sandra Cantu here in California in the town of Tracy - there are still a lot of unanswered questions which beg to be answered and indeed the young girl's brutal murder cries out for an answer.

In case you missed it, to sum up briefly this young girl went missing from her mobile home park the end of March and for about 10 days the police and volunteers put on a massive manhunt . Then finally after 10 days some farmworkers found Sandra's body in a suitcase in an irrigation pond only about 2 miles from her home. Search warrants were put out and neighbors were questioned including a Baptist minister , his wife, and his 28 year old grandaughter Melissa Huckaby whose 5 year old daughter played with Sandra all the time. Huckaby lived with her minister grandfather only about 70 feet from Sandra's residence in the mobile home park. Police searched the Baptist church thoroughly and the minister and his wife and Huckabie's residence.

Saturday night an arrest was made on Melissa Huckaby who is a Sunday school teacher in her grandfathers church. Her stories did not match up in interviews with the police. She said she owned a suitcase that appears to match the one which Sandra's body was found. But her explanation about the suitcases disappearance from her grandfathers residence conflicted with what she had originally told the police in the intial investigation of the murder. Huckaby had stated that she had set the suitcase in front of her house the day Sandra disappeared and that " someone took it. " She did not say why she set the suitcase outside.

Interestingly although this woman ( Huckaby ) is being charged with murder - she did not enter a pea when in court. Curiously the police are continuing their investigation at the pastor grandfather's house where Huckaby lived , and have confiscated the home computer and sent it to Virginia FBI headquarters for examination. Also police are still continuing to search the Baptist church where both Huckaby and the pastor grandfather preached. Although the police claim that Huckaby is the only suspect - I feel that they are keeping their cards hidden and playing it close to the vest just in case someone else ( perhaps the grandfather minister ? ) is guilty as well.

Expert attorneys and law experts have said it is extremely rare that a mother with a daughter of her own would commit such a heinous rape and murder of a young girl all by herself on her own. Even Huckabie's friends have said it is extremely out of character for her- and they were shocked !

My take ? Could it be that Huckaby is taking the fall for this crime to protect the minister grandfather ? Could he be the real culprit ? As more evidence comes forward, especially information from the FBI on what has been viewed on the computer - perhaps it will give more clarity to this awful crime. One thing is cetain though - no matter who is guilty , this poor little defenseless girl will never get to grow up , never get to fall in love herself as an adult, or ever have her own children. A human life has been robbed from her future. And the monster murderer should pay . I feel the jury is still out on this one as to motives and what really happened. Stay tuned. As always I look forward to your comments and observations. Please hug your children and spouses tonight and all your loved ones. Peace to all, Mr. Flipper

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I thought the same thing, that there is more to this story, just totally not the profile of someone that would do this. These cases are just the saddest, with what a poor little kid must think is happening to them and wondering why someone isn't helping them. Then the parent has to live with the horror the rest of their lives. Reminds me to hug my kid.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Very sad and tragic, indeed. I'm sure there is much more to this story but I wonder if we'll ever hear it all. Or has Nancy Grace gotten hold of it yet? I don't usually watch her but I might if she's covering this.

StAnn

• cawshun
    cawshun

I have heard the story and Nancy Grace is coverning some of it. The thing that stands out to me is, a so called religious person is behind the death of this child. I am so sick of these creeps hiding behind a religion.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

She also tried to commit suicide by ingesting exacto blades as well, news reports said. They are also looking for other possible victims. Stuff like this just makes me sick. sammieswife.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I used to work in the field of child sexual abuse (also used to work in Tracy.)

This is a very strange case, if only for the fact that a woman is the alleged perpetrator of this heinous crime. First, because women, on balance, are rarely murderers, but child molesters who are women are incredibly rare. Add to this the fact that the suspect has a young daughter of her own, making it all even more weird.

I don't think Huckaby is protecting anyone. Putting her family and daughter through this would negate any benefit of protection and why protect someone who would let her go through this? Doesn't add up.

One scenario: she injured or killed the child accidentally or in a fit of anger. The rape with a foreign object was solely for the purpose of deflecting suspicion to a possible male perpetrator.

Other than that, I am baffled and await more information.

P.S. I am concerned that the police spokesperson, Sheneman, has been careless with his languaging. He is speaking as if Huckaby is guilty, rather than presumed innocent until found guilty. I hope this doesn't jeopardize the case. If I were the defense attorney, I would work that angle for all it's worth.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Gord. I live just down the road from there. I can't even read all of your posts. This girls poster has been in every store I've been to in the last two weeks. Even car windows at commute time. What the hell possesses people??? I am a proud liberal, but this kind of thing makes me want to see the perpetrator fry.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

It is hard for me to imagine a woman is capable of this but anything is possible. My first thought was that she was taking the fall for someone else. We'll see what comes of it.

Nancy Grace is using part of her time slot to cover the story but the main focus is still on the Caylee Anthony case.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    My first thought was that she was taking the fall for someone else.

Mine too.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This is one of the most disgusting and disturbing cases out there. Just makes you sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit