Question for Any current Elders or recently departed elders

by geevee 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Interestingly in most countries this could result in a criminal conviction and in the UK would require the person to sign the Sex Offender register. They also have to notify the Police is they move. That must surely be a problem for a dub? LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Just say it.
    So as per this policy, nope, she's not free to remarry. Again, Why does she care? She should do what OnTheWayOut suggested.

Believing family are very very very unlikely to want to support staying married to such a creepo.
    They will most likely want to see things in the eyes of offering support to the mate wanting to leave such a creepo.

Just wait a significant number of months after being physically/legally separated from him before mentioning any divorce to family.
    When the time is right, "He was unfaithful." "No, I don't have the details. That was enough for me."

Even bodies of elders won't want to bother with this, typically. So much involvement with this guy will get their worries up that they might have to testify in court about his activity. UGH. They probably will just not bother to see if he really was unfaithful. Get away from him, divorce later, say he was unfaithful. Stick with that, no matter what happens.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

What he's doing is a crime and should be reported to the authorities.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Not a former elder here but I have had experience with how elders handle bros who like to expose themsleves.

They just don't take it very seriously, and they do not see it as grounds for divorce.

They diffinately do not see it as harming anyone, even if he is exposing himself to young children.

The elders told me, "he didn't touch you so no harm was done" and "he was outside your window, so there is no way he could have harmed you"

They also told his wife that she had no grounds for divorce and that if she was a better wife he would probably stop doing that.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

They just don't take it very seriously, and they do not see it as grounds for divorce.

Because as per WTS rules it is not. I'm not saying I agree; but that's how it is.

They diffinately do not see it as harming anyone, even if he is exposing himself to young children.

Elders are supposed to defend justice and righteousness... Most don't. They can't distinguish what's just and fair, as they are too worried about sticking to the letter of the rules. Take it from me (I'm an elder, and I serve among elders): MOST DON'T CARE about anything other that their personal good standing in front of the CO and the WTS. So they don't like geting involved in these 'weird' cases (they like the easy ones).

They also told his wife that she had no grounds for divorce and that if she was a better wife he would probably stop doing that.

NO SUPRISE there: Way to frequent diregard for real victim feelings.

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

What he's doing is a crime and should be reported to the authorities.

Yes it is and yes he should. Why hasn't he been reported to the authorities? Seriously.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi Winston, and welcome! Thanks for your up to date info. Very interesting and helpful. x

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Going to the authorities means exposing their internal problems to the outside world, who would probably leap at the chance to publicize it. They see it as an' internal' problem and so deal with it internally. They view it as a 'sin' and so feel the solution is to deal with it in a 'spiritual' capacity. But no matter how it is dressed up it is a CRIME ! End of ! Elders deal with sin ! Police deal with crime !

• dozy
    dozy

He certainly would not be regarded as an upstanding member of the congregation (hmm - perhaps unfortunate terminology). But not JW "scriptural" grounds for divorce.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Not a former elder here but I have had experience with how elders handle bros who like to expose themsleves.

LOL, I am sorry. That made me laugh. Not the content of the comment, but the words in that sentence.

"Handling" the brother who exposes himself. HA HA. Okay, we now return you to your serious thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit