Do you think your JW family REALLY hates you? Or do they THINK they love you?

by BonaFide 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

hate me.....and they aren't even witnesses....he he

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They think they love me but I know for a fact they don't respect me. And the bad part of it is what my children see and hear. I'm planning on moving aways from my parents, not out of California. I need a few more miles between us.

• carla
    carla

I think the difficulty lies with the wt/gb defining what love is and the r & f adhering to what the gb tells them what something means rather than allowing love to flow naturally. I also think at times that joining (no experience with born in's) the cult does something to your capacity for love or the way you show it. I am not articulating that properly but the cult does something to ones emotions when they join, the jw always seems to be thinking of what is allowed or what jah wants or dislikes and family & friends feelings are not important.

What this cult does to the natural affections that should be shown to children, parents and siblings is heinous to me. The only good thing that comes from the shunning and other unloving actions of jw's is to show the outside world that the jw's are in fact a dangerous cult. Sadly, all of you have suffered because of it. But, when you tell your stories here and elsewhere you can be sure that people like me retell these stories and attempt to get the word out how hateful this org is to families and how ungodly it really is.

• Maddie
    Maddie

My feelings on this are that they don't really hate us, but are conditioned to believe that they are doing the right thing. Ido believe that their natural emotions become stifled and warped to such a degree that they lose the capacity to know what real love and affection is. Very sad!

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit