Awesome blog re blood issue

by rebel8 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

Passwpd: What you just said makes alot of sense. Look at the "tree of knowledge" story.

Adam and Eve are told not to eat from it, they do, they are banished.

JWs are told not to eat blood, if they do, they're banished.Why try to wiggle around it with reasoning?

Now, gaining knowledge is their ultimate goal to make god notice & approve of them. Straining out the gnat in their god's name.

hmmm these guys crack me up - really!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ sbf - I'd love to hear your thoughts on my post above; if the Governing Body are going to step into the medical arena by providing medical 'guidance' to JWs, shouldn't the medical experts step up and go toe-to-toe with the suits in Brooklyn?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Adam and Eve are told not to eat from it, they do, they are banished. JWs are told not to eat blood, if they do, they're banished.Why try to wiggle around it with reasoning?

That is one of the most brillant analyses I've heard.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I was surprised to learn about their blood policy 'new light' now allowing for 'fractions'. Yeah... I've been surprised a lot lately. I started getting a headache just reading it! Anyone who was in before this I would imagine has a hard time with it (... or maybe they're somewhat relieved?).

Their blood policy was another reason I never joined as I couldn't reconcile it with the Bible. This is how I thought of it.....

Most JWs use the Acts scripture 'abstain from blood' as their reasoning. Ok, so doesn't it follow then that if you are to voluntarily stay away from blood that you should remove the blood from your body? Wouldn't this be the ultimate adherence to this scripture as per their interpretation?

I find that the policy doesn't reconcile with Leviticus 17:14 'for the life of all flesh is the blood'. In essence, their blood policy is denying them the right to life.

Just one of the many messed up policies they developed (continue to develop?) in an attempt to convince people they are God's one true religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit