Italy Earthquake report from a cicuit overseer

by whereami 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I don't want to say this Italian Circus Overseer is lying but it is at least a distortion of the facts for his/their own purposes:

From the Italian Red Cross who were on the scene within one hour of the initial quake assisting in search and rescue, emergency relief, feeding etc...

The Italian Red Cross continues to provide relief to those affected by the earthquake in Italy. In shelter camps run by the Italian Red Cross, special activities were undertaken to offer comfort and psychological support during the Easter weekend. 9000 chocolate eggs donated by different companies to the Italian Red Cross were distributed to those left homeless and many recreational activities were organized especially for young children, the elderly and for those with special needs.

Volunteers and staff of the Red Cross have organized games and various forms of entertainment. The activities were carried out not only in the Red Cross camps but also in the camps of Montereale and Castelnuovo San Pio. A group of clowns were present in the Italian Red Cross camp of San Gregorio. Two playrooms with a capacity for 100 children are now open. Inside are tables, chairs, footballs, toys, blackboards and games. The Italian Red Cross will be setting up more playrooms in the coming days.

Six Advanced Medical Posts of the Red Cross are now operational and two triage tents are providing primary first aid screening.

P sychological support teams are actively working with families affected by the tragedy. To date 10 volunteer psychologists and 10 volunteers are providing psychosocial support.

The Italian Red Cross is running a total of 6 camps in the affected areas; two in Assergi, one in San Gregorio, one in Collemaggio and the fifth in Centicolella. More than 600 volunteers and staff of the Italian Red Cross are supporting these efforts.

There are 5 soup kitchens run by the Italian Red Cross, providing a total of 22,000 meals each day.

More than 30 Red Cross ambulances are operational, 12,000 blankets have been distributed, and 200 tents with a 1000-bed capacity offered by the Swiss Red Cross have been set up.

The Canadian Red Cross continues to accept donations from Canadians wishing to help. Donations can be made at www.redcross.ca, by calling 1-800-418-1111, by mailing a cheque earmarked “Italian Earthquake” to Canadian Red Cross, 5700 Cancross Court, Mississauga, ON, L5R 3E9, or in person at any Red Cross branch.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Does this mean that we will always receive physical protection? No, but as long as we look to him as our Helper, he will safeguard us against all things that could bring us spiritual harm.

He didn't "safegaurd" me from being stumbled by the actions of the Governing Body. So I don't think Jehoober safegaurds against anything, really.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Disasters are great money makers for the Org. After Ktrina hit New Orleans hundreds of the brothers and sisters have spent countless hours rebuilding homes for displaced JW's. If the JW had no insurance, the brothers would rebuild their home anyway, for free. But if you had insurance, you agree to send that money to the society when it comes in.

So the society would provide the materials, the brothers and sisters would provide the free labor and the org would receive ALL the money.

Katrina was quite a cash cow for the society, I bet this earthquake will be too.

• outofservice
    outofservice

Well it seems that Catholic Relief Services is in there doing a lot and as they say in there article "We are one human family, and it is at times like these when we must all come together to support one another.” Something the witnesses seem to over look time and time again.

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=33098

(I hope it's clickable)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Don't you love the way they sweepingly paint every non-dub with the same brush... " the rest of the people there feel abandoned and hopeless". Really? They talked to all the rest of the people?

Of course they will minimize any relief work done by the government or other organizations as "ineffective".

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This was an email I got a day after the earthquake

Earthquake News from Italy Received from a friend in Bethel – translated from German Dear ones, Today at lunchtime there was an announcement from the Bethel family stating:

The branch office in Rome informed us that 242 brothers are living in that region, belonging to 3 congregations.

No one was bruised but some have lost everything. They will be brought into caravans and in an Assembly Hall and are supplied well. Two brothers from the Bethel came to them and care for the brothers. At the moment there is no need of external help.

• undercover
    undercover
    Disasters are great money makers for the Org. After Ktrina hit New Orleans hundreds of the brothers and sisters have spent countless hours rebuilding homes for displaced JW's. If the JW had no insurance, the brothers would rebuild their home anyway, for free. But if you had insurance, you agree to send that money to the society when it comes in.
    So the society would provide the materials, the brothers and sisters would provide the free labor and the org would receive ALL the money.

Don't forget that after Katrina, the Society sent out instructions to all the congregations (in the US anyway) to not label donations to the Society for relief work or hurricane aid. It was asked to just send the money to them and they would channel as needed.

I won't criticize individual JWs who open up their homes and even the local elders and relief committees jump to when disaster strikes. It's good that there is a support system among themselves. I praise anyone, of any faith (or non-faith) who steps up to help in what ever way they can.

But, the Society has figured out how to make this work for themselves. It's not about the poor people affected...it's about lining their pockets and yet at the same time they get some good press. They may provide an outlay of cash or supplies up front, but it's the people that make it work, not the Society. It's the local people who give of their time and skill and help those affected. Yet the Society pockets the insurance money and beams in the glow of the media cameras.

And those of us with JW family can't say a word. To find fault or criticize the WTS during disaster relief is like kicking a puppy to them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Uzzah said: "A group of clowns were present in the Italian Red Cross camp of San Gregorio."

FYI, a group of clowns is also present in Brooklyn Heights. The dubs call them "the Governing Body".

B the X

• ziddina
    ziddina

"A group of clowns were present in the Italian Red Cross camp..." (Thx for the quote, Uzzah!)

Billy the Ex said: "FYI, a group of clowns is also present in Brooklyn Heights. The dubs call them "the Governing Body".

Hoooooouuuuwwwwllll!!! RFLMAO!! Good one, Billy! Zid

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

This is one of the things that always bothered me when I was in. Other churches and charitable groups come in and help everyone without regard to their affiliations. The JWs come in and make it a point to help out only their own members. I find this disgusting coming from an organization that claims to be God's representatives on earth. Grrr...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit