Italy Earthquake report from a cicuit overseer

by whereami 25 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

I really get sick sometimes of reading how JW feel that they are better or more taken care of then others. It's such a haughty attitude.

Info re: Earthquake in Italy.

Just heard the following:

"Fortunately our brothers and sisters are all safe and sound.
    One brother was missing but he has been recovered from the rubble.
    There are three congregations in that area. Many of them lost their houses and belongings. Of course there is a huge difference between the present condition of our brothers and that of the rest of the people struck by this tragedy.

All of our brothers have been accommodated in private houses, some in the nearby Assembly Hall, and some others in campers, while the majority of the people there have been given tents. And, of course, the psychological aspect of the matter is not to be underestimated. Most of the brothers, anyway, have lost everything! One sister in the assembly hall in Roseto degli Abruzzi reported that they do not have clothes (90% of them had to run out from their homes in their pajamas), shoes, and all of the practical things as toothbrushes, combs, etc…
    The relief committee has to provide really everything to them!
    Their houses are complete destroyed and it won’t be possible for them go back to take their belongings until several days, maybe months.
    To the brothers in the congregations around the area it has already been announced to prepare a list of everything they think could be useful to help. In short the committee will ask to them to provide it. Our brothers and sisters in general are focusing on the protection provided by Jehovah on these occasions, while the rest of the people there feel abandoned and hopeless.

For those who are not part of our organization the situation is terrible!
    Even if it has been recognize by everyone, that the relief teams have worked promptly and very hard, many of the people are still sleeping on the ground in public squares because they do not want to abandon their own belongings. The government has provided thousands of rooms in hotels on the coast, but the people are too much attached to their material possessions….
    How different is our view of material belongings...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sorry, I couldn't stomach anything past the first paragraph.

• blondie
    blondie

I always hate how they imply that somehow that individual jws are protected by God, and especially them.

*** w04 12/15 p. 13 par. 7 Jehovah Is Our Helper ***Indeed, the writer of Psalm 121 was confident that the almighty Creator watches over his servants with the gentleness of a caring shepherd and the vigilance of an alert guard. We have every reason to share the psalmist’s confidence, for Jehovah does not change. (Malachi 3:6) Does this mean that we will always receive physical protection? No, but as long as we look to him as our Helper, he will safeguard us against all things that could bring us spiritual harm.

*** w02 12/15 p. 15 par. 10 "He Will Draw Close to You" ***How, though, does Jehovah guard his people? His promise of protection does not guarantee us a problem-free life in this system; nor does it mean that he is obligated to work miracles in our behalf. Nevertheless, Jehovah does provide physical protection for his peopleas a group. After all, he would never allow the Devil to efface true worshipers from the earth!

*** w94 11/1 p. 22 Courageous Faith of Our Rwandan Brothers ***The plight of our Rwandan brothers reminds us that in these "last days," men will be "fierce" and "violent." (2 Timothy 3:1-5; Today’sEnglishVersion) And while Jehovah does not promise his people miraculous protection from physical dangers, he does promise to safeguard their spirituality and relationship with him and, during Christ’s Millennial rule, to resurrect those who now perish.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

All of our brothers have been accommodated in private houses, some in the nearby Assembly Hall, and some others in campers, while the majority of the people there have been given tents.

whats wrong with tents - lots of people choose to live in tents

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

One thing I can never remember is a JW setting up contributions to help out in these disaster areas.

They may talk about their own brothers and sisters to a concerning degree, but the buck stops there.

Shame on them for there are many other religious organizations that will set up organized contributions

for these kinds of centers of disaster.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

They don't care about any other people besides JWs. It's always been like this . It's one of the main reason I left. I just couldn't comprehend the attitude.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Even if it has been recognize by everyone, that the relief teams have worked promptly and very hard, many of the people are still sleeping on the ground in public squares because they do not want to abandon their own belongings. The government has provided thousands of rooms in hotels on the coast, but the people are too much attached to their material possessions….
    How different is our view of material belongings...

I don't know when this was written, but shortly after the earthquake there were many aftershocks and people were indeed sleeping in the public squares, not because they were attached to their belongings but were attached to saving their very lives!!!!!!

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

notice how the wt is asking local jw's to provide assistantance. I'm sure not a dime will come from the WTS. and the wts will make a profit off this.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

not because they were attached to their belongings but were attached to saving their very lives!!!!!!

Exactly! They distort everything so much. I don't know whether to laugh or throw up. Do they even know how to report things accurately without all the cult distortion?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

In some sense the WTS makes money off of these disasters, I remember the elders asking for contributions to the society

so that they could give some assistance to to brothers in these disaster areas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit