The Worse Mandatory JW Activity You Hated The Most

by Yizuman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Of all things JW, what particular mandatory activity you really hate the most that you have to do or attend?

Why do you hate it?

Yiz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the most obvious is going to be field circus, because you are forced to waste hours of your time teaching people (that you are not attracted to) a lie, while pretending to be happy. It also involves wasting your own gas and car wear and tear, money for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund for the littera-trash, and having to live an exemplary life despite that what society calls "exemplary" is not usually in the best interests of self and society itself.

Besides field circus (which is too obvious), I hated all those boasting sessions, especially having to waste the weekend going to the Grand Boasting Session. It was always hot inside (though the upper sections were sometimes cooler because the air conditioning would not reach the lower levels). And, there was one family (now the lead hounder) that, if I got stuck in their midst, I would feel stifled in ways that I could not explain. Having to be in their midst, on the lower levels (where it is always too hot), for all three (or 4) days while guarding the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes, is the worst.

• sspo
    sspo

phone witnessing, would not do it.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

CBD (downtown) witnessing, I was privileged to be invited to share in this special, selected (by C/O) work. Calling on office managers in high rise office towers. That and standing outside Flinders Street train station looking like someone out of the scientologist holding up the magazines….

As well as the written review….

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

do judicial committees count?

• TheOldHippie
  • outofservice
    outofservice

Cleaning after the assembly while in your meeting clothes. I guess not mandatory but certainly guilted into.

• undercover
    undercover

Field service in general was pure torture, but specifically phone witnessing and parking lot witnessing were even worse. Nothing felt more cultish than walking around the Wal-Mart parking lot in a suit and tie trying to stop people carrying shopping bags and giving them WT literature. I shudder at the memory...

• avishai
    avishai

Not fornicating.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It was a toss up between TMS and FS, so I avoided both. Oh and I hated answering at the watchtower study and the book study and rarely did so. Guess I was barely good association.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit