Have you ever seen anyone get into fisticuffs

by John Doe 29 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I saw someone forcibly removed from the hall once.

But I know of an incident, that I was not at but heard about the next day as did everyone else in the hall thanks to gossipy elders and their wives...

A heavy duty Judicial Committee meeting was being held at the hall due to some adulterous activity that had come to light. A MS had been having an affair with a sister in the hall. The sister's husband was not a JW.

During the JC meeting where the MS was being "tried", the sister's husband broke into the meeting and proceeded to beat the shit out of the brother who had been messin' round with his wife. The elders lifted not one pinky to help. As one was quoted later, "he should've thought about the consequenes of his actions..."

The next few meetings, including the announcement of his DFing, the ex-MS sported a swollen nose and a black eye.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

My brother beat up some jw kid in grade school. so next week at the k hall the kids mother complained to my jw dad and my jw dad beat up my brother for beating up this ;perfect jw kid in school. My mother (non jw) was argueing with my dad for a few weeks over this. about 2 or 3 weeks later, my mother went to the k hall and dragged this jw kids mom right out of her seat by her hair. and was kicking the crap out of her right in the aisle. I just remember as my dad was pulling my mom off this woman , my mom wouldn't let go of her hair and ripped out a patch of her hair. it was wild. that sister never again complained about any of my family again. true story

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I was almost engaged in a little bit of whoopass between me and two elders, one of them on a witch hunt. He simmered down once he seen I was getting very agitated. Shortly after that he went to another congo.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I saw a couple of kids fight over my sister after a meeting once. It was really funny too since she didn't even like either of them...LOL

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

That was your sister??

• ziddina
    ziddina

[From an earlier post...]

...I saw a lot of child beatings in the JW KHs... I remember when I was seventeen I had to pull a little blond girl (12 years old) off of the throat of her little black girl (12 years old) best friend. She had a double-handed throatlock on the other kid and was slamming her head into a support pillar of the KH. Mind you, there were many adults standing around chattering after the meeting which had just closed, but they were totally oblivious to what was going on. Immediately after I separated them and asked the little black girl if she was alright, I hear my mother's totally clueless voice shrilling behind me, "And here's [my name], playing with the little kids again!" That experience taught me quite a bit about the mind-numbing effects of WTBTS mind control - apparently all the adults were pretending it wasn't happening!!! That little blond girl was third-generation JW, by the way - her grandmother had gone around all the doors with the phonograph player running the recording by ol' Drunk Judge Rutherford in the '30's. Her daughter, the child's mother, had briefly come to her senses and left the religion, but Grandmomsy apparently guilted her back in. Then she tried to get her unbelieving hubby into the religion and beat her own kids. No wonder the blond kid snapped...

But I never got to see elders going at it, blast it all!! Zid

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No, but it has been my experience that most jw men with a propensity for violence usually only have the courage to beat their wives in private.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Not a fight as such, but a bit of a to - do. A brother who hadn't been at the meetings for a while turned up early one Thurs. night in a big black, way too big for him, trench coat. People were trying to say hello to him, but he just kept walking in a no-nonsense , concentrated , straight line to the front of the hall like he hadn't seen anyone. The few people that were there, were exchanging looks as they didn' t know what his problem was or what the strange look in his eyes was all about. Anyway, quite calmly he started to take out of his 'way too big coat' a hammer and some (I kid you not ), Mickey Mouse pictures. (The ones with the shiny,shimmering holographic backgrounds....frames and all.) We all just stood there wondering what he was doing when he produced a nail and started hammering one of the pictures on to the wall. The bouncers........oops attendants then rushed up, Starsky and Hutch style to stop him. They had to wrestle the hammer out of his hand, ( it took 3 of them), and as they were trying to get him out of the hall he got free, ran to the platform and started shouting "Down with the Elders " Down with the Elders" , at the same time giving a big thumbs down with both hands. They finally got him out and phoned the police to come and take him home; who then returned half an hour later because someone else's big black coat had been given to him instead of his own, and he had no keys to get into his house. He was put into a mental health hospital soon after and as far as I know is still there. Considering what I know now, and looking at what he did, it makes me wonder if he found out stuff about the org. and this was his way of protesting. I can see why the Mickey Mouse pictures would have been appropriate.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"No, but it has been my experience that most jw men with a propensity for violence usually only have the courage to beat their wives in private."

AMEN to that!

• Scott77
    Scott77

I was almost engaged in a little bit of whoopass between me and two elders,

one of them on a witch hunt. He simmered down once he seen I was getting

very agitated. Shortly after that he went to another congo.

( Quirky1).

Hello, pleased eloborate on the 'witch hunt'. I think its a very serious experience on your side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit