Have you ever seen anyone get into fisticuffs

by John Doe 29 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

fisticuffs sounds like Yankees coming to blows to settle a disagreement.

In Alabama we just call it an ass whoopin'

• beksbks
    beksbks

No I haven't, but fisticuffs is also one of my faves.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    fisticuffs sounds like Yankees coming to blow

Is that legal up there?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I came close. I told this other elder to zip it. If he had said just one more syllable.

I suppose that's one more reason I stopped going. What's the point of letting someone rob you of your peace?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi John Doe,

I have not seen fisticuffs, though have see a many good elder go toe to toe with each other screaming & shoving waiting for the other one to throw the first punch. My favourite incident was when I was in the most corrupt congo in Melbourne and the body of elders were divided against each other and we went through 12 months of scheming/bullying/lying/financial deception regarding the k/hall title………. Trust me this story needs a whole thread to itself!

Anywho, after a number of visits and investigations by 2 C/O’s sent from Bethel, we had a combined elders & m/s meeting with these 2 C/O’s, where we went over scriptural principles and what action was going to be taken. It got continually heated to the point the C/O’s kept stopping the meeting and saying a prayer for the holy spirit to help keep us calm!

During one of these prayers, the congregation secretary threw himself over 2 rows of chairs to attack the presiding overseer!! I kid you not, I am still lol now as I am typing this as my memory goes back. It was all in! Elders and C//O’s trying top separate them all and us young men sitting with mouths open, I was disgusted, we didn’t even get to say amen to the prayer!

In the wash up, the official line from the c/o was that this elder had a demon attack which led to the assault and he would be stood down as an elder (eventually along with all but one of the elders). He still goes to meetings, though he looks like Inspector

Clouseau’s

boss from the pink panther! He has that nervous twitch anytime he see’s someone who was in that meeting where he literally reached out - to beat the crap out of another elder!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

demon attack. pffft. it's called anger. if they would bloody well respect natural human gawd-given emotions instead of insisting everyone LIE by surpressing them and putting a smile on their face all the time it might not GET to such "demon attack" proportions. fools.

• maryacclaim
    maryacclaim

Though you said at the Kingdom Hall, I thought I would share an event that was truly awesome.

I was at one of my friends house when I was younger, when a couple of the local elders came by to visit the Dad. He had got arrested for drunk driving and had already been counseled about drinking. Anyway, we were upstairs when they came by one morning, cuz I had slept over, when they knocked on the door, my friends dad starts tripping out, I guess he had been drinking all night and was still pretty drunk, he opens the door and warns the elders to get off his property. One of the elders was a young brother that had known this guy his whole life, so he starts to quote scripture to him and explain to him that he needs to deal with this spiritual matter. Then the dad explains to him that he warned him first and proceeds to kick the crap out of this elder and when he started running away he kicked him down his driveway. It was out of control. My friend and I just hid out upstairs and at the next meeting acted like nothing ever happened. Needless to say he got disfellowshipped, but not before he kicked some elder ass!

• chickpea
    chickpea

yeah....

two adolescent brothers
    from one of those really
    disturbed families that had
    a link to the b0rg....

showed up for a memorial
    and went after each other
    like inbreds during the final prayer

a few "attendants" shouldered in
    and they just quieted down, with
    the residual hissing and spitting
    (figuratively) one expects at a
    cat fight.....

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Yup. 2 elders in the parking lot. One was a smart-ass and the other had a bit of a temper but is a great guy. The later finally had enough and after a screaming match, decked the other. Because there were so many witnesses to the event (it was after the meeting one night), they df'ed the good guy. Frankly the smart-ass needed to get decked and everyone in the hall was in agreement that he deserved it!

• outofservice
    outofservice

Pretty close at a District Assembly. Two teenage boys were sic ed on my husband and I by there "crazy" mother. She did not like my husband and I because we didn't invite her to our wedding and it went down hill from there. They tried to pick a fight with us in the hallway at the assembly while my husband was carrying our two year old and one was pioneering at the time. This defiantly gets you thinking about brotherly love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit