2001 vs 1975

by Amazing 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Amazing,I`ve talked to dubs that I knew way back in 1975 and before.Some claim they never preached the end of the world by 1975.I was there when when they were doing it and now they don`t remember a dam thing.Unbelievable!...OUTLAW

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Amazing,

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

I basically do agree with you. The " GB" or " the

"gb" are looking for time, that's all!

Greetings, JC.MacHislopp

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Great post, Amazing...as always, very insightful.

Here's an off-the-wall idea for the GB...why not start from scratch and actually teach what is in the bible for a change, instead of putting their own spin on scripture.

• Erich
    Erich

outlaw.

Some claim they never preached the end of the world by 1975.

I studies the bible during that time.
    I emphasize that I never believed even only one second to an "outbreak of armageddon" in 1975. Most of other JW's I became acquainted with, believed the same...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Erich,1975 was preached a lot. One article I remember was in the April 05 1968 awake:"1975 what does it mean to you?"If you go over to Kents site The Watchtower Obsever you will find even more information on this subject.I was raised a jw so I remember well what they preached before 1975...OUTLAW

• Erich
    Erich

outlaw:

Of course, some folks did believe it.

I know an elder, who went to his bank and made 50 000$ debts (convinced, he would never get prompted to pay the money back ..) For the rate of interests were about 20% at that time (you know: inflation caused by high oil-prices in 1974) this elder never has got free from debts his whole life. He is paying, and is paying, and is paying....

But that was the exception, not the rule.

• one
    one

erich,

you and your jw friends around 1975 were apostates if you did not beleive the 1975 thing, it was clear all over their literature.

BTW
    can you elaboreate how is it that you measure distance using either two rf or acoustical transmitters and a moving receiver between the two points.

why a moving receiver? an static receiver can do the job without so much trouble

what application you had in mind?

have you made any money with that patent?
    ------------------------

Amazing,,

what you have to say about Helsinki conferece, about "peace and security" in 1975 ex- President F. Ford was there. Oil embargado AND that later conference scared me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Erich,Many people over here sold their homes and business to go pioneering till 1975.Many were to old to start over and they retired in poverty...OUTLAW

• Erich
    Erich

one:

I am in the (bad) situation, that obviously many folks know my real identity and story.
    Please have comprehension I do not talk about such matters with persons who are not ready to reveal their pseudonyms.

But you may send me an e-mail.

• blondie
    blondie

I lived during that period as an adult. Some did run away with the thought but not all. I always remembered these verses in the Bible:

Mark 13:35
    35 Therefore keep on the watch, for YOU do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at cockcrowing or early in the morning;

Luke 12:40
    40 YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”

Matthew 24:44
    44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

Matthew 25:13
    13 “Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU know neither the day nor the hour.

I was not bashful about using these scriptures either. I was never threatened with expulsion. People just looked at me as if I had taken candy away from a child.

I pointed out that Jesus had been present at the creation of Eve and would have known when the 6th creative day ended. So why did he say he did not know the "day and the hour." Finally in 1975 this little paragraph appeared:

w75 1/1 9 Will You Live to See Christ's "Coming"? ***
    Now, we know that Jesus Christ had been in heaven with his Father at the time of earth’s creation. (John 1:1-3; Col. 1:13-17) He knew the exact time of the creation of both Adam and Eve. (Gen. 1:26, 27) He knew precisely when 6,000 years of human history would be completed. He knew exactly when God’s seventh creative day, his great “rest” day began and when it would end. (Gen. 2:1-3) Yet, with all his perfect knowledge of chronology, when he was on earth he did not know the day and hour of his execution of judgment on this world, prior to when his thousand-year reign begins. (Rev. 20:4-6) How, then, could any human today possibly figure it out?"

The Aid to Bible Understanding when remade into the Insight book changed the date of the creation of Eve not to coincide closely with Adam's.

People wanted to believe and it suited the WTS to exploit that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit