Vanilla Sky w/Tom Cruise

by patio34 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

ummm babe...chasing amy? mall rats??? clerks? anything done by kev smith! :P gee. you really need to come live with me. :P

you know, im getting really sick of your work! i hate it more than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Jason Lee played the lead singer in "Almost Famous."

Another good movie review site is Roger's Ebert's column with the Chicago Sun Times. Just do a search on Roger Ebert. Can't remember the exact address of the website.

HH

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Patio,
    I LOVED Sixth Sense!! I didn't figure it out either!!
    Maybe we'll try Vanilla Sky.
    TW

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

"Vanilla Sky" is a remake of a Spanish film called "Abre los Ojos" (Open Your Eyes). I saw the original when I was in Mexico, two years ago. It is pretty much the same as the Vanilla Sky, even the ending is the same. It even has Penelope Cruz in it. Both films are good, in my opinion. The ending reminded me of "The Matrix."

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Patio,

We just saw Vanilla Skys - from the first, it was kinda obvious something else was going on. But darned if I could actually figure it out! I wouldn't sit through it again to figure out all the sequence, however.

I didn't figure out Sixth Sense at all during the movie - caught me completely offguard.

Anyone seen Momento? THAT was a strange movie. I watched it again immediate just to make some sense of it - and it was worth it!

Enjoy!

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Waiting!

Enjoying yourself? Well, did you enjoy Vanilla Sky at all? Yeah, i wouldn't sit thru it again, but did like it 1st time thru.

Have a great time!
    Pat

• waiting
    waiting

Hi Good Lookin! (patio's my real sister, btw. I'm not gay.....although "there's nothing wrong with that!" - Seinfeld)

Yeah, we enjoyed it. It's rainy down here.....so a movie helped a lot.

I did watch "Momemto" - and watched it again immediately. Fascinating in an odd sense of way. Also, I couldn't make heads nor tails of the story until I rewatched it!

waiting

• DIM
    DIM

I loved Vanilla Sky....I loved how they used the music and especially how they used that unreleased Sigur Ros song at the end on the rooftop scene. I bought Open Your Eyes on DVD and while I felt it was good, I felt that it was slightly more forward than VS and the acting in VS was superior. Small, subtle touches that Cameron Crowe added (like how he recreated scenes from the movies, the bob dylan album) makes it the superior movie.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit