Did people with those signs outside the assemblies and meetings strengthen or weaken your beliefs?

by BonaFide 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

No , for me I just considered them just a little more nuttier than the people inside the stadiums.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I do actually remember one, it said, 1-800-WHY-1914

• garybuss
    garybuss

Did people with those signs outside the assemblies and meetings strengthen or weaken your beliefs?

It was the literature and the people inside that convinced me to quit associating.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    It's unfortunate that one video of some assclown dressed up as the devil on you-tube is no longer available. It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. One of those "you have to see it to believe it" videos.

I still think the "hell phone" was funny.

• fern
    fern

For me, they didn't influence me one way or the other but they did scare the hell out of me. As much as I think the JW religion is BS, I would never participate in something like that. IMO it is counter-productive.

• only me
    only me

I ignored them for years until about three years ago and my oldest daughter and I were already on the edge of the way out.

We were walking towards the entrance of the arena and there was a line of Witnesses standing with their backs towards the people with signs, blocking them people from approaching the protestors. Some of the "brothers" were young, maybe 12 or 13 years old. We both agreed that it was a terrible thing to make those children treat people like that.

Later, we heard one of the sign people talking through a microphone saying "Come on guys" and talking to some of the Elders that he evidently knew personally. He might or might not have gotten through to whoever he was talking to, but he reached us.

We haven't been back to a DC, but if we do, I'm buying coffee for the people with signs,.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My folks used to rush us inside to avoid them. All the elders in the halls I attended made them out to be worse than hippies, nazis, and Satan himself.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I always thought they were Christian groups from Babylon the Great, trying to "steal" people out of the a$$embly for themselves. They rarely made any sense, and all too often they pick something stupid to pick apart that is going to have almost no effect.

If they are going to picket, it would be better if they would pick something like the pedophile issue or a major scandal that most active witlesses are not aware of. Post a web site to back it up. That way, for every person that listens to them, they might get 50 or more hitting the web site. To me, ranting about being saved (most witlesses believe they are already saved) or about Jesus dying on a cross is a total waste of time, because almost no one is going to get out of that cult on that.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I never seen this at all.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It had no effect on my beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit