Did people with those signs outside the assemblies and meetings strengthen or weaken your beliefs?

by BonaFide 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Whenever I saw people with signs against the Witnesses outside the assemblies, it always strengthened my belief that the Witnesses were right.

What about you?

BF

• shamus100
    shamus100

The ones that I saw were screaming, bizarre idiots. I believe fundamentalists.

They strengthened my faith if anything.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I never knew who they were, so I figured they were "Satan's agents sent to persecute me for my beliefs". Now I assume they are just very fundamental Christians trying to free JW's from the "cult"...

At the time, it made me feel strong and correct...though deep down, it bothered me that there were people who felt so deeply that we were wrong that they would take time out of their day to hang outside the assemblies with signs.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Same here, strengthen my faith because I was indoctrinated to believe that was form of persocution. One guy wearing a gorilla outfit in 30C weather didn't help :)

WTS will fall apart from within not by any external nature of people demonstrating which only helps WTS claim that they are persecuted.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'd never do that. That's what went through my mind. That and "Get a life people".

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's unfortunate that one video of some assclown dressed up as the devil on you-tube is no longer available. It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. One of those "you have to see it to believe it" videos.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It depended on the sign and the people displaying them. If their arguements were based on what we as JWS were taught was a mis-interpretation of Scripture, I would ignore them. However, those that brought up Watchtower scandals from the past, did perk my interest. However, it was reading Crisis of Conscience that really got me out of the JW religion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bonafide..I saw people like that through the years..Most of us thought they were nuts..We`d just laugh at them...........Even now,I think it`s a futile exercise.....Some people will be frightened,some people will just write them off as crazy,some like yourself will only be more convinced the WBT$ is Gods Organization.................................OUTLAW

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Those in my area called them "The Apostates" and for many years colored my view of who apostates were. I don't think they strengthened or weakened my faith, I just dreaded them like a gauntlet that had to be run.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Very true, MostlyDead, I remember the elders telling us as children not to look at the signs. We thought that if we looked at the signs, we would be instantly apostates ourselves.

Even when I was older I wouldn't read the signs and placards. And in my talks I would say how ridiculous the apostates were, standing outside, "beating their fellow slaves."

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit